Author Topic: Project updates  (Read 87495 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: Project updates
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2010, »
Really looking forward to the video for sure!

Thank You

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2010, »
Really looks good on that wide mode. Such an even spread of color. I originally thought these would enhance my MR16's Then I thought the other way around. Now I may do away with the MR16s. <fp.

Leon
Leon

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2010, »

Showed it off to the Sheriff today, she asked if I would build some of them for her!  <yk..   <res.

Told her we will see and Smiled.   Then when she said what she was going to do with them it hit me. I am going to make a special firmware that lets you cable any number of them together and the first one is the master. No computer involved they just do color fade patterns all in sync stand alone. Then I am going to use them on my house for landscrape lighting like this. Just plug the power in and away they go.

RJ

That's one of the ways I want to use them year around beside in the Christmas Display.  Will need about 8 to cover my house.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2010, »
Hey RJ,

If you are doing color patterns can we also get Holiday Patterns?

4th of July - Red,White,Blue
Halloween - Orange
Easter - Green, Blue

etc

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2010, »
Told her we will see and Smiled.   Then when she said what she was going to do with them it hit me. I am going to make a special firmware that lets you cable any number of them together and the first one is the master. No computer involved they just do color fade patterns all in sync stand alone. Then I am going to use them on my house for landscrape lighting like this. Just plug the power in and away they go.

RJ

Here is another idea, can we through on some headers to hook up some solars ^_^ hahah

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2010, »
Solars are good!  I have made a concerted effort to be all LED to try and keep my carbon foot small (and power bill) these are sounding better and better every day and if they can be placed like yard / house flood's that work off Solar energy the rest of the year so much the better (less to put away after christmas).
I'm about saving energy both mine and the power co's (and my elelctric bill).

R,
Tony "C"

Offline riri7707

« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2010, »
Excellent <res.

For M&M cool, but my doctor will not appeciate at all:-\

I'm impatient to see more photos and for the coop....

Humm, my wife will be happy: garden day and garden night <pop..

Impatient to see the suite....

Thanks RJ...

Cheers... Riri

Offline ratroder

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2010, »
great job, i can't wait to see the video of these.

how well do you think these would work as a wall wash? as well as could these be mounted in something like an outlet box (a deep one)?

i am thinking of using these in my studio room as wall washes. i was thinking of mounting the boards and components in an outlet box or something similar (doesn't have to be water tight) and then mounting the boxes on the ceiling on a bit of an angle.

do you think this would work well, or is there a better product to use?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2010, »
No these will be strickly for the cases they were designed for as it is a major part of the heatsink. They are kinda of bright for indoors use for that and you could do it cheaper with the less light output you need.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2010, »
Got the temp monitoring working well tonight. I set it to hold the max LED temp to 40 deg c and it has set for the last hour with in 1 deg c of that at all times. The plan is to set it about 15 degs below rated continous operation and it will be there if someone puts on in a really hot enviroment to protect their investment. It will not run that hot in normal conditions so it is just a safety device like a fuse.  The way it works is when the led gets to the set temp for each .05 deg c rise the unit reduces the output a very little amount. This is so little you can not see a change. But over a few minutes it slowly reduces until it finds the point at which the unit can hold the current temp. Looks like even at low set points it does not take a lot of reduction to do this.  It still functions normal you can fade up and down with in the end point it has set. so I can not tell it is doing anything except for looking at the temp. If the tmep falls down it slowly raises the output back to full.

RJ

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2010, »
RJ,
   Would love to see how these look with full white, as well as a color in between R G or B.   A nice lavender or yellow or orange picture would be great.   This would show how well the individual LEDs merge and mix.

The temp monitoring sounds cool (pun intended!)
Mark
Kernersville, NC

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2010, »
I should have the firmware to a point that I can demo that it in a few days.  Since the white is already mixed for you with channel #4 I need this to get the firmware finished before I demo that.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2010, »
As requested :

I am a little color blind so with no one to check me they looked good to me. I used the flat rate boxes cause I do not have any white walls but they are pure white so it makes sure it shows true.  Camera has a hard time with the hottest spot overwhelming it but I think what you are loking for is the rainbow artifacts from using individual leds that do to the space between them you get. These are high end leds with the dies almost touching so it does not do that. They are made to blend well. They just cost more.

RJ

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

I say again, Pretty Lights!

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2010, »
The white looks great.  The colors looks pretty good too.  The only one I'm not sure about is the orange.  It looks pretty red to me.

Ron