Author Topic: Project updates  (Read 87494 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Project updates
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey RJ,

I hope the PCB has an option to turn the light on or off without the need of a PC. I can see other use for it in everyday life especially knowing that it will also be energy efficient. Using the same setup like the Express?

Sure

Just use wireless and the conductor

:D

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2010, »
I hope that RJ gives an update on his progress with the conductor some time in the near future. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, »
Well i'm hoping without the need of those as well.  ;)

Hey RJ,

I hope the PCB has an option to turn the light on or off without the need of a PC. I can see other use for it in everyday life especially knowing that it will also be energy efficient. Using the same setup like the Express?

Sure

Just use wireless and the conductor

:D

Rick R.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, »
1. What is your current idea to get DMX in and out?  dual RJ45 on the bottom side?

KEN

Ok,

Since you guys like pics and to know stuff heres how it gets its DMX if you want to use cables and want to do it my way to keep it weather proof.

This may not be the way 20 other people would do it, but this is the way the Aether does it.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline ponddude

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2010, »
Cat-5 is so last year...haha.  At least since we have wireless!! ;)
Greg

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, »
Cat-5 is so last year...haha.  At least since we have wireless!! ;)

ROFLMAO!

RJ

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2010, »
Looks nice RJ,  I like the connectors.  I'm using something like that for my Triks Box.  Can't wait to see the night shots.

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, »
WHAT am I to do now ??? I promised my wife I wouldn't add anything this year ??? ::)

RJ, when the coop starts, any correspondence with coop mgrs, you or paypal must say "payment for firmware upgrade". I think I can make that fly >:D ;)

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, »
We can do better. I can put :

In reference to the down payment on the loving couple cruise package. Your wife will truely be surprised and they will pamper both of you till she will never forget this trip.  The unregular partial pays are fine we have people do it all the time. Just as long as the trip is paid in full three months prior to departure.   ;D

RJ

Offline deweycooter

• Patron Member
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2010, »
Is it too late to call it Superficie Caliente? You've got a label built right into and everybody knows that anything caliente is better.  Just sayin'.

;)

Offline Blackbeard

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2010, »
Gosh, I just hate to ask a serious question in this thread, so don't flame me.

Can you give an estimated projection angle for these things? It'd probably be useful in figuring out how many minimally will be needed for any given length to be illuminated. Are they fairly even lighting or will there be a central hot spot?

Does that question make sense?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2010, »
Lets wait for the video so you can see your thoughts on it.

RJ

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2010, »
We can do better. I can put :

In reference to the down payment on the loving couple cruise package. Your wife will truely be surprised and they will pamper both of you till she will never forget this trip.  The unregular partial pays are fine we have people do it all the time. Just as long as the trip is paid in full three months prior to departure.   ;D

RJ

That a great idea!!

Going to Travelocity now to book flights to Fla. ;D

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline tpctech

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2010, »
1. What is your current idea to get DMX in and out?  dual RJ45 on the bottom side?

KEN

Ok,

Since you guys like pics and to know stuff heres how it gets its DMX if you want to use cables and want to do it my way to keep it weather proof.

This may not be the way 20 other people would do it, but this is the way the Aether does it.

RJ

Oh looks like Ethercons.... for the DMX......good call!!! I get really good prices Neutrik parts for work.  I will check $$ for you

KEN

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, »
Here Here on the Neutrik parts - I use them on my CNC machines and I've never had a problem and they are much better quality for the money than other comparable connectors.  Looks like I need to setup a jig for cutting these case holes on my machine!

Nah the cast aluminum is so thin it is easy to cut them with a simple hole saw. All you need is a hand drill. I did those in a a couple minutes. The cast is paper thin. Could not be easier.

They are nice ends and I believe since every cheap way I looked at cost about $7 to do 2 of them it is worth another $7 to have these. And these keep it weather proof.

RJ