Author Topic: EX/RX PIC  (Read 1443 times)

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
EX/RX PIC
« on: February 02, 2010, »
I am just getting around to building my 2 EX/RX boards, in the instructions it talks about a problem with the PIC (date on mine are 0925YUY). Has this issue been resolved, do I just update the software or does the PIC need replaced? I looked at the troubleshooting info, and didn't really understand it. I assume the hex file is what is loaded in the PIC, in the T/S area it talked of v7, is that what I need? I have a pickit2 starter kit that I haven't learned how to use yet but, the demo board they supplied with the kit only has a space for a 20 pin PIC. Do I need another breadboard because I don't have the EX/RX built? Is there an easy way to do the flash on the PIC or do I need to start on the 12 lessons that Microchip supplies in the kit? I don't have the EX/RX soldered yet, so would soldering in the base for the PIC, install the PIC, and solder the 6 pin header allow me to reprogram the PIC?. I hate to sound stupid, but I've never dealt with this type stuff before, and I don't want to screw something up because I'm a programming virgin and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Has anyone possibly done a video on how to flash the PIC with the PicKit2? I looked at the Wiki Red Neck PIC 24 programmer, and am wondering where to get the wire between the PIC and the breadboard as my programmer has a 20 pin breadboard instead of any extension wire. And one final question, was the issue of the verify failing been resolved? Any help is appreciated,

Bill

Offline REM

Re: EX/RX PIC
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, »
Yeah, you're on the right track.  It's a cake walk.  Build the boards, hook up the PICkit right to that 6-pin header (make sure you get the #1 pin on the correct side) then load the latest hex for the EX/RX and let her rip.  That latest code should work for newer chips or the older problem ones.

--Ron

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
Re: EX/RX PIC
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, »
Thanks, you are right, with the PIC in the built board, it was a piece of cake to update the firmware. Ahh, the sweet smell of success LOL.