Author Topic: SSR4 Info  (Read 10450 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
SSR4 Info
« on: March 22, 2008, »
The SSR4 is a new design of the Solid State Relay like do it yourselfers use on the external ssr design controllers like the Freestyle.

This is a new design which has a twist.

the twist is it can be made a full 4 channel dmx controller and ssr unit with the addition of a few inexpensive parts.  This will give you freedom and flexibility in your layout of the show.

It has a nice encolsure it fits into so it make a very nice setup.

RJ
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, by RJ »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: SSR4 Info
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, »
This is the Firmware for the SSR4 pic if you add DMX to it as a controller.

This has been updated to have the new updated firmware to solve the "some pics won't program problem"  9/29/2008

RJ

I removed the hex file. All hex files are now located in the Wiki equipment page.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, by rrowan »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, »
Here is the BOM for the SSR4. Thanks to Bill for cleaning it up for me.

RJ

I have removed the BOM. All BOMs are now located in the Wiki equipment page.

Rick R.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, by rrowan »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, »
Her is a rough draft of the SSR4 manual. Please feel free to PM me corrects for it so we can get it cleaned up. I was in a rush creating it so it has typos I am sure.

RJ

Lynx SSR4 Manual pdf has been removed - Please see the Wiki Equipment page for the manual

Rick R.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, by rrowan »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, »
An issue has been found with the SSR4 if you are using the DMX addon. The following mods will need to be made to fix the current boards. Any boards order from here out will not have this issue and have been changed.

The mod involves cutting 5 traces using a razor blade knife. The images attached show the place they should be cut. The image of the bottom is mirrow so it looks just as you should see it. Only cut the traces where the Red line goes through. The big arrow points at the red cut line

This mod can be done before or after assemble and there is no difficulty in getting to the traces.

Make sure you are looking at the top of the board for the image for the top and bottom for the image of the bottom (orange traces on bottom image.)

This will not have an effect on the operation of the SSR in either SSR or DMX modes of operation. The traces where there to pass the unused cat5 lines throught the unit for non DMX uses.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, »
It has become clear that way too many of the 18F1220 pics used in the SSR4 do not want to program start addresses correctly. I blame the firmware but can not find any reason. A Test program using microchips code cut and pasted into a new firmware that does nothing else but program the eeprom, will work on the chips that will program on the SSR4, but when run on a pic that will not program on the SSR4 they also fail to program on this test program.

I also have found a couple of other examples of people having issues with a few models of pic18 chips and eeprom.

So to remove this issue from the users without requireing you to be a microchip stock holder (having lots of extras). I am in the process of rewriting the firmware to move the start channel from eeprom to flash memory. In testing so far the bad chips will program flash OK.

I am tweaking it now, as I have it mostly finished after a long couple of days. It should be posted in the next couple of days for use. I hope that this will remove the issue as a whole. I am sorry I did not find it earlier but the first few I built for protos had chips that programmed fine so I was not aware until everyone started to have issues. Then it appeared as bad chips since replacing them fixed it in almost all cases.

RJ

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, »
RJ

Thanks for all the help on this issue
Once again you have gone above and beyond to fix the issue

Bill

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, »
Please see the update firmware above in the second post for the SSR4's this is an important update to fix the ones that will not program the start address.
All of them should be programmed with this firmware.

RJ