Author Topic: question about differing versions of the LE - can't locate the answers  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Blackbeard

I've finally got a TX assembled, and mounted a EX/RX on a V3 LE. I've searched but can't find the answer to the following questions, although I know I've read them somewhere.

Somewhere I recall reading on one/some of the LE version boards that I need to remove one of the chips. Which version needs the chip removed? I've got V2 and V3 boards in house and have V5 coming?

To test the wireless, should both sides of the power be connected to the LEs?

Sorry, but I've looked and just can't find the answers.

steve

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Greetings,,,

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login shows V4 (and V5) has the wireless jumper.  V3 would still need the chip removed.

The power on the left side does the brain work, the power on the right side is only needed if you have both inputs used for the higher power input.  Not needed in either case for powering the wireless.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline Blackbeard

Thanks Keith,

I had an older version of the manual printed out which didn't list the wireless stuff in it.

Announcement:

Blackbeard is now wireless (tested) on the only LE I have a receiver mounted on. That means my transmitter works, the LE previously was untested, and it now works, and my receiver works.

Guess I better start ordering some more parts for the other 5 EX/RX boards I have.

Thanks for all the help everyone has offered up through now.!!!

steve

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Greetings,,,

Great.  More blinky flashy ones and zeroes moving through the air this Christmas!

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues