Author Topic: programming?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline ratroder

programming?
« on: February 21, 2010, »
does the lynx express need to be programmed? which ic needs to be programmed? could i hook a pic unit to the assembled controller and program it that way?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: programming?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, »
If you are getting the parts in a COOP then no, The pic is programmed for you. You only have to set the start address using the on-board push buttons or by using the lynx conf program.

If you get the parts yourself then Yes the Microchip PIC24FJ32GA002SP needs to be programmed.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline ratroder

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, »
sadly i missed the last coop :-\. ok, could i program that ic while it is on the board using a pic unit or does it have to be programed separately?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, »
sadly i missed the last coop :-\. ok, could i program that ic while it is on the board using a pic unit or does it have to be programed separately?

Yes the LE has a ICSP header to allow programming of the pic. Just put a Pickit2 or Pickit3 on the header and send the hex code to it. Hex code is in the wiki

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

It shows, in the manual, the pic being programmed on board by the Pickit programmer.  I've done it many times.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues