Author Topic: Ver 5 Build  (Read 6372 times)

Offline ponddude

Re: Ver 5 Build
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, »
Did you remove the jumper to get the wireless?  

If just the EX/RX isn't work, double check the solder joints on the headers for the EX/RX.  Did this EX/RX work before?
Greg
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, »
Did you remove the jumper to get the wireless?  

If just the EX/RX isn't work, double check the solder joints on the headers for the EX/RX.  Did this EX/RX work before?
  Sorry for yhe confusion let me try it again. LE works great when hardwired to dongle ( cat 5 cable ) I have built a EX/RX and wanted to leave it on the LE when i am hardwired I do not have a transmitter yet. When I plug the Reciever on the LE the christmas lights don't work I still have all 3 LEDs on the express if I take the reciever off the LE all the christmas lights come back on. CAN YOU HAVE THE EX/RX ON THE LE WHEN YOU ARE HARDWIRED ( the jumper is on the wirless on LE and the terminate is on ) MY objective was not to pull EX/RX every time when testing  and not to lose that little bugger LOL
Jeff

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

Can you try with the EX/RX onboard, and the wireless jumper in place.  Then hit the reset button and see if that causes the unit to work with the wired dongle?

Keith

tried it still nothin, powered down plugged EX/rx in hit reset  everything is fine if the EX/RX is off Tried a different EX/RX same result
Jeff

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

Ok, trying the longshot, but it was a simple try.  I'd start looking for solder joints, etc, around the wireless connectors on the LE.  If the LE won't run tests with the module plugged in, it may be shorting the pic, I'm guessing.  Is the LE running tests, and scrolling the display with the module plugged in?

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

Ok, trying the longshot, but it was a simple try.  I'd start looking for solder joints, etc, around the wireless connectors on the LE.  If the LE won't run tests with the module plugged in, it may be shorting the pic, I'm guessing.  Is the LE running tests, and scrolling the display with the module plugged in?

Keith

With EX/RX plugged in after test #2, #4 Leds are lit THE #3 dmx is not , without EX/RX after test all leds are lit 2,3,4, I'll check back of le were EX/RX header is soldered
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, »
You can not have the EX/RX plugged in when using the system wired. The jumper takes the rs485 chip out of circuit not the other way around. Remove the EX/RX and it will all function fine. Or put it on and run wired and it will all work fine.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, »
You can not have the EX/RX plugged in when using the system wired. The jumper takes the rs485 chip out of circuit not the other way around. Remove the EX/RX and it will all function fine. Or put it on and run wired and it will all work fine.

RJ
Let me see if I understand  , if my LE is hooked up to the dongle via Cat5 then I must remove the EX/RX off of the LE is this correct no matter where the jumper is correct ?
Jeff

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

Ok, don't see that in the wiki at the moment.  Need to add if not there.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, »

RJ
Let me see if I understand  , if my LE is hooked up to the dongle via Cat5 then I must remove the EX/RX off of the LE is this correct no matter where the jumper is correct ?

Yes, The jumper is not to allow you to leave the EX/RX hooked up. If you look back at the post on this you will see it's purpose was to prevent people from having to remove the RS485 chip and risk damaging it or losing it everytime they went back and forth. If you have a RX on the unit it expects to be wireless.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, »

RJ

Yes, The jumper is not to allow you to leave the EX/RX hooked up. If you look back at the post on this you will see it's purpose was to prevent people from having to remove the RS485 chip and risk damaging it or losing it everytime they went back and forth. If you have a RX on the unit it expects to be wireless.

RJ
Thank you for all the help
Jeff

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, »
Does anyone know what size fuses the LE takes ? It says on the bom 250V 20A but does not give the physical size . I am not smart enough to figure it out .  Thought I would see if Radio Shack has any. Thanks!!

Offline ponddude

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, »
Right from Mouser's website...

31.75 mm L x 6.35 mm W

As long as they are 250V 20amp fast acting fuses, you should be ok.  Radio Shack should have them. 
Greg

Offline jap813

• if you believe it, you can achieve it
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2010, »
yes they do I bought mine there and for 4 it cost 2.99

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2010, »
The fuses are on the way guys.   <yk..