Author Topic: Dongle BOM questions  (Read 1964 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Dongle BOM questions
« on: February 27, 2010, »
1.----------------------------------
In the Ver2 dongle BOM is the following part 815-ACH-40-EK.  It should have the qty after it.  Mouser Direct does come up ok.

2. ----------------------------------
When going to Mouser Direct for the Dongle V2 I see the following for 140-XRL25V100-RC

"End of Life: Scheduled for obsolesce and will be discontinued by the supplier."

Long term it looks like we need RJ to spec a different part.  However, they do have over 80,000 in stock right now.

3.------------------------------------
One note from me, who has only been doing this less than a year, is to add some notes for newbies to soldering and parts acquisitions.  For backup last year I have ordered extra fuses and a few other items like PICs and chips so that if I had a failure I had repair parts immediately on hand and would not have to wait for ordering and shipping time to get back up and operational.  That is also why I have two dongles and two transmitters. I was worried about single point of failure for my show.  Maybe a note in the wiki to think about single point of failure issues.  Ordering extra parts is cheap when doing it as part of a bigger order.  Many parts are just a few cents.  Just my two cents.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
Re: Dongle BOM questions
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, »
815-ACH-40-EK is the oscillator; quantity is one per board.
I think the 80k pieces of 140-XRL25V100-RC should be enough for this coop  :) , but it looks like 871-B41827A5107M000 should also work, but I'll let RJ verify that.

/mike

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, »
Jim:

Good catch on the End of Life..     we need to watch those issues as the mfg are continually upgrading (?)  their manufacturing and dropping lines..    Thankfully, on this particular part, there appear to be multiple options such as 871-B41828A5107M000 (and a massive existing stock) .  

I've been doing the same thing ...  buying extra bits/pieces/parts when I put in an order.   And specially so on pics...    The next issue is organizing in some fashion so so that I can find it when I need it.

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been doing the same thing ...  buying extra bits/pieces/parts when I put in an order.   And specially so on pics...    The next issue is organizing in some fashion so so that I can find it when I need it.

<wd..

R,
Tony "C"

Offline Aussiephil

• My Controllers
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, »
Looks like all Xicon capacitors are going end of life and being replaced by Lelon brand

From notification
--------------------
January 31, 2010
Re: Xicon Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors
Series: XRL, ESRL, MLRL, NPRL, MLNP, XAL, NPAL, HTRL, LLRL, MLRH, LS, L, TG, BPRL, BPHR
Over the next few months, the above series of Xicon capacitors will become obsolete. These products will be replaced by
product from Lelon Electronics Corporation. Most changes, if any, are cosmetic in nature (sleeve color, sleeve text, etc.).
Once stock has been depleted, these parts will no longer be available. It is recommended that the specifications on both items
be reviewed to assure the replacement part can be used in the application.
Mouser is providing item-to-item cross references for each part number which will define the differences, if any, and the
suggested replacements for the original items. These cross reference and specification sheets are available for download:
--------------------------
140-XRL25V100-RC
replacement
140-REA101M1EBK0611P

Some have case size changes - usually smaller.
Phil
Never enough time
Dont Forget - "Play Nicely"

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, »
Lets please stay away from posting blanket replacement for parts. I prefer that we try stuff before we post any replacements. I will post replacements as soon as they are needed and after I make sure they fit and will work without issues for all of the lynx stuff I then will update the parts list in the Wiki to reflect them. I leave it to the other designers here to do the same for they stuff.

Thanks

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Aussiephil

• My Controllers
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, »
RJ - From my point of view - and you know it - it is YOUR call. I only advised the distributor/manufacturer info that had not been mentioned in an attempt to help you.

Phil
Never enough time
Dont Forget - "Play Nicely"

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, »
I understand, It is not meant for any person the thread as a whole just brought up the issue of substitions again.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying