Author Topic: Need some assistance  (Read 1776 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Need some assistance
« on: March 05, 2010, »
I just finished my second LE everything works great the only problem is when i went to install the L0814 MOC3023 one of the chips only had 5 legs . Looking at the chip the pin missing is the third one back on the number 1 pin side , there is a little piece of metal sticking out where the pin is missing , I assume this is a piece of the missing pin it looks as if got twisted of or something from the Manufacture, Any who my ? is how do I replace the chip .  Can I just order one from mouser or do these chips need programing . Sorry for long post but I'm am new and don't know how all the parts work exactly and as you can see not sure what the proper names are but I'm trying I PROMISE.

NOOB IN TROUBLE  <la.. LOL
                                                                               JEFF
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Need some assistance
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, »
It will not hurt anything as the pin #3 does not connect to anything inside the chip. But if you want a new one I can send you one.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It will not hurt anything as the pin #3 does not connect to anything inside the chip. But if you want a new one I can send you one.

RJ
Thanks for the reply if you say it won't hurt , Then I will just use this one no need to pay for shipping. Plus you need to get back to more toy building I can't wait LOL  <pop..

Jeff
Jeff

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, »
I too need some advice . Been working on LE V 5 board that I got from the coop almost ready to put a power cord on but I ran into a ? on the voltage regulators . Mine came packaged seperately from the triacs so I didn't have to figure out which ones were VR s. Someone was taking care of the newbys. Now for the questions  found the 7805 and installed it in the top position where the pcb was marked 7805 ,just below it the board is marked LD1117c the other reg is LD33cv. Is this the correct part to go in this position?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, »
Yes,

They can not fit the full part number on the package so they use their version.

RJ

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, »

RJ

Does anyone know what you get when you have 2 Lynx Express's and 1 dongle and no <md.. ?

( One happy , Exited , Noobie and alot of I DID IT, I DID IT I DID IT :o  ;D  :D  8) RJ thanks for advice all is good
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, »
 8)   Congrats, Glad you got Blinky!!!!!!!      <res.   

RJ

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, »
Thanks RJ for the answer to my question about the Voltage Reg. I saw a post just below this where someone had asked the same question, sorry for intrusion but glad to say that I finished it today and everthing seems to work as far the test function is conserned now I have to assemble the dongle.  Whoopee

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, »
Congrats

Bill