Author Topic: V2 Operation  (Read 2449 times)

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
V2 Operation
« on: March 07, 2010, »
Finished the build on the V2 Dongle, plugged it in, and got the red and green led's lit, no cat5 cable plugged in. Is this the correct operation, and what about the test, how does that work? The Dongle is recognized in Vixen, so I think it's working correctly?

Thanks,

Bill

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: V2 Operation
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, »
This is a transmitter so it does not show if a cable is connected or not. It is on if DMX is being transmitted. It is transmitting even with out a cable connected. The test requires a new firmware that is not ready yet. Sorry but had to get it on the pcb if we were to have it but have not had time to do the firmware yet. I have been a little busy.

When it is, the jumper will cause the dongle to output alternating on off channels to show that it is outputting indepentant of any software or configuration.

If you want to see if vixen is controlling it with no controller hooked up turn all the channels on in the test channel panel of vixen and with the lights off watch the data led (Green) while you fade them up and down. If it flickers in varying brightness you are sending out dmx and it is being controlled by the software.

RJ
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, by RJ »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, »
RJ,

Do you have any possible time frame when the new firmware may be competed?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, »
I missed the post. It will be a little bit yet before I have time to modify the firmware for it. I am busy at the moment with other projects. The Pcbs had to have it added before the firmware was ready or it would not have support it when the firmware was done.

RJ

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, »
Matt, you are the one that needs to chill out and perhaps learn to mind your own business.  Many of us were in the last dongle coop and are now building them.  If you  have built one then you should know that due to a tight fit it can be difficult to remove the pic from that board to reflash it.  I would rather  not do that if I can avoid it.  I am not expecting or requiring him to commit to any date, just asking if he has any idea when he might have time to finish it so I can decide what I will do depending on how long it might take.  Perhaps you shoud spend a little more time in here seeing how things work before jumping in with your comments.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I missed the post. It will be a little bit yet before I have time to modify the firmware for it. I am busy at the moment with other projects. The Pcbs had to have it added before the firmware was ready or it would not have support it when the firmware was done.

RJ

Thanks for the quick response RJ, I know that you are working on a few other projects and I really don't know how you find the time to do as much as you do.  I will just park the board until the firmware is completed.  Will the version two firmware work with the version one board?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, »
Alright,  Both should calm down! This is not very DLA like on both parts. I am sure matt read more into your post than meant and I missed it until he posted and flagged it as current again. I know you were defending me matt but it was a little rough. I ignored it when I posted an answer hoping it would go away. I did not say anything so it would not be stired.  

T when you put the pic in do not push hard where it sits all the way down flush on the socket. They do not need this to make good connection. Then the little gap allows the cheap metal tong pullers from like radio shack to pull it out without difficulty. It is only when people push them in to tight that they are an issue.

Lets play nice, we want everyone to not be afriad to post.

RJ