Author Topic: programming a dmx ssr4 start channel  (Read 2664 times)

Offline ratroder

programming a dmx ssr4 start channel
« on: March 08, 2010, »
do i need to use a lynx dongle with vixen or can i use my lor dmx device with vixen to program the ssr4 start  channel. as well as do i even need to use vixen to program the ssr4 start channel or can i use the lor hardware to program it?   ???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, by ratroder »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: programming a dmx ssr4 start channel
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, »
The only requirement to program the SSR4 is channel one and or channel two have a number value that you want to set the device to  on the dmx data string

So if your start address is 255 or less then Channel One needs to be that number and the rest of channels are at zero

If over 255 then Channel one has to be 255 and Channel Two is the remaining
example: Start Address 340,  Channel one = 255 and Channel two = 85 (hoping my math is correct)

Hope that is clearer than mud

Rick R.

Of course I have no clue what LOR software/hardware is sending to the dmx string.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, »
Try this handy dandy start address programmer,

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ratroder

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, »
very interesting, but do i need a lynx dongle to work with this program or can i use my lor i-dmx 1000 to send the signal to the ssr4.

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, »
I don't think you need vixen, but you may need the Dongle, IDK

Offline ratroder

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, »
well i too would figure that you do not need vixen. i am kind of leaning to that i do need a dongle so i can use the software.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, »
I think someone else said they had issues getting LOR to program a start channel on the ssr4 / FS stuff. All it has to do is continously send the start channel in the first channel or both first and second if it is higher than 255. I bet you guys use 0 - 100% not 0 - 255 levels ?

This could be what is causing the issue. Will LOR software let you set values 0 - 255 ? if so this is what you need. This is new to me as most lor users use the Express which does set it address this way.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline ratroder

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, »
lor does allow you to 0-255 protocol or at least the hardware utility has the option of 0-255 or 1-100%. i haven't tried it yet but i will need to once the ssr4 coop is over  ;D.