Author Topic: Lynx Dongle Case Engraving  (Read 7330 times)

Offline jsalz

Re: Lynx Dongle Case Engraving
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've attached the Lynx logo I used on the engraving in this post.  I've also included the other "logos" that I made for the SSR4+DMX and the Lynx control boxes (1500s).  Most any sign shop can cut these for you without issue - it's pretty basic stuff.  Note that the logos are actual size, hence the differences - so as long as they are cut correctly, they should fit perfectly.

See this post for actual completed photos of the 1500 and SSR4 boxes:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Robert - if there are issues about this logo, please feel free to remove it without question.

i am planing to cut mine on my own cutter a 34" unit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jsalz

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, »
I've attached the Lynx logo I used on the engraving in this post.  I've also included the other "logos" that I made for the SSR4+DMX and the Lynx control boxes (1500s).  Most any sign shop can cut these for you without issue - it's pretty basic stuff.  Note that the logos are actual size, hence the differences - so as long as they are cut correctly, they should fit perfectly.

See this post for actual completed photos of the 1500 and SSR4 boxes:  http://diylightanimation.com/index.php?topic=2817.msg28636#msg28636

Robert - if there are issues about this logo, please feel free to remove it without question.

i am planing to cut mine on my own cutter a 34" unit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I highly recommend if you have an extra $500 (including some vinyl, transfer tape, etc) or so dollars and need something to purchase - get a vinyl cutter.  I find all kinds of uses for a cutter and I'm sure jsalz does.

i do use it a lot but i thoght i was the only werido that buys one and does not have any bizzness or anything lol

DM, LOL trademark it and use it  ;D.  Some of those linked above have a slight variation, which makes it a new logo in essence.  But your right a lot of them are using the same style.  Wonder if they bought it from Logo's R Us.

On a side note, with the vinyl (as I know the case engraving would probably be to expensive) are you able to do something with that and offer it to the community?  I wouldnt mind getting a vinyl sticker for the DMX box, Express, TX, and such.

-Bat
since the files are posted and if rj or dmoore don't mind i may be able to make some for u guys
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, by jsalz »

Offline mcangeli

• Original Gangsta
    • Mcangeli
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, »
From dmoore's images I created a Bumper Sticker in Cafepress with the LE logo on it.
You have to cut the actual label it self out of the bumper sticker so you get just the part to go in the spot on the box.

Can someone with an LE Case purchase one and let me know if it works?

I'll reemburse you for the cost + shipping, I just don't have a case to try it out on.

Cafepress' quality is pretty good and if this works, I can make a 10 pack of stickers as well as ones for the dongle and other items.

Might be a cheaper way to go for getting something like this done (for those of us who don't want the hassle of finding a shop to do a small qty of vinyl...)

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, »
I ordered one. I have four cases coming. I'll let you know as soon as I have the sticker and the case together. Probably next week.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, by dlhoppe »

Offline mcangeli

• Original Gangsta
    • Mcangeli
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, »
Ok, so I had to make the original image a little larger than I had it to fit. The box its on is my Cable TV box, which is the case recommended for the Lynx Expresses....

Here's a link to the single Pack, as well as the area where the 10 and 50 pack will be.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Single Bumper Sticker

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Lynx items.

I've considered making versions of the bumper sticker with two ovals on it, one with the logo for the LE the other would have channel Numbers 0 - 16 and so on....

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, »
I've considered making versions of the bumper sticker with two ovals on it, one with the logo for the LE the other would have channel Numbers 0 - 16 and so on....

Have you considered making a sticker with a number of instances of the logo only (what we used to call five-up or six-up or whatever back when I was in high school print shop)?

Regardless, thanks for the work on this.

\dmc

Offline mcangeli

• Original Gangsta
    • Mcangeli
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, »
I have, it looks like I'll be able to get two up on a bumper sticker the way Cafepress does things....

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, »
I have, it looks like I'll be able to get two up on a bumper sticker the way Cafepress does things....

Yes, I fiddled with Cafepress once long ago and its not an experience I remember fondly, which is why I'm letting you do this ;) ...

\dmc