Author Topic: Need help bad. Running slow and led problems  (Read 1620 times)

Offline loki13

This is the 3rd one I've built. When I pluged it in it seemed slow so I pluged in one of the others and that ran much faster. so thats problem #1. The next is LED #6 is now on all the time and its not as bright as the others. and the 3rd thing is channels 10, 11, & 12 led's don't come on at all.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Need help bad. Running slow and led problems
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, »

A slow Lynx is normally something wrong with the pic, either replacement and or reprogramming should help

LED's not working. Double check and reflow the solder joints. See if any parts are in backwards or bent pins

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, »
Loki13, had the same exact problem (LED's on and slow running scrolling),  Plugged in the Pickit2 to the header and re-flashed the PIC.  All is well.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, by Rod R »

Offline loki13

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, »
pickit2 what is it and where do I get it?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, »
Pickit2 is a starter programmer that is use to put the software on the pic chips

Microchip designs and sells the pic and programmers. You can get the programmer from them or on ebay

Pickit2 attached to the LE from the wiki You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Of course you can also send the pic out to be reprogrammed if you don't or can't buy a programmer. See the wiki for the fine folks willing to program the pic for you

Rick R.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline loki13

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, »
changed chips the new chip works fine.

Offline basis21b

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, »
If you prefer not acquiring a programmer, the wiki is a list of people who have offered to program chips.

Tom B

Offline egenoup

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, »
Loki13,

If you want, I can reprogram for you.  I am on the wiki list of Pic Programmers.  You can send me the PIC inside the tube where your MOCs came in (the sixteen 6 pin chips).  Make sure you tape both ends so the PIC does not escape.  Also include a return addressed and stamped envelope (padded), so I can return your chip.  Send me a PM if you would like me to reprogram the PIC for you.

Thank,

Charles S. a.k.a.   Egenoup.