Author Topic: Will the MR16 be updated  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Will the MR16 be updated
« on: March 22, 2010, »
I know there have been and still are some issues with getting chips for the MR16.  So my question is has anyone moved or looked into a service mount solution for this controller.  I know RJ is looking ant SM for the Aether because of part availability.   I know he is pretty busy with all the projects and not sure where this controller lies in the scheme of things.  Also not sure like one of the others members asked if it would go into Coop in its current state, my guess would be no because of part availability.  I know that some users have found a replacement chip.  But it has not yet received full acceptance on the BOM yet.   Any type of heads up would be appreciated.  I don't need them right now but would like to use them for the 2010 Christmas holiday.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Will the MR16 be updated
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, »
The 5941 chip is fine. A number of users are using them and as we expected they work fine. No changes this year for sure.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, »
I updated the wiki bom and manual with the new part number

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, »
Thanks for the replies, so does anyone know if there will be a coop on these sometime this year?  ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, by Rod R »

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, »
I'm with you Rod.  I just been waiting and watching for a coop.

I know it is silly but I thought it would be cool to use it being 12V and pimp out the car around Christmas with lights and have a car light show using 12V LED lights.  I know it would be illegal to do driving.  But while it was parked in Walmart's parking lot etc.......

Ron
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, by trekster »
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login