Author Topic: PIC issue and "MODE" not responding after performing test  (Read 1373 times)

Offline salongaopm

Hi!

First time with soldering and light animations.

Just finished my first LE. Problems encountered:

1. Similar as on thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login . Fixed by changing the PIC.

2. Pressing "MODE" after successfully(?) performing the test doesn't exit the test mode. It got stucked in the test mode. Presssing the "SELECT" button will light up all the LED's. Pressing the "MODE" again will now show 0.01 . Pressing the "MODE"again will move the decimal point to the right. Presssing it more will go back to PRG, then to TST.

I understand that problem number one can be fix by reprogramming the pic. How about issue number 2? Is that what is expected? Should I try another PIC?

Thanks for any support!

Offline austindave

I think you're saying that after you run the test, it stays in test mode? I think this is expected behavior. To exit, just reset the LE (push the reset button or power cycle the unit).

--Dave
Austin, Texas - "BubbaLand"

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
Like Dave said, after the test mode completes, you need to reset the unit by pushing the reset button. From what I could gather,

There are 3 Modes of Operation:
   1) Push the Mode button 1 time, PRG shows on the 3 number displays. Push and release the select button and the LED 16 flashes on and the PRG will have a period at the end of the PR(G.) That is programming mode, if you have the Dongle connected and the Lynx Express Configuration Utility started on your computer, you can use it to program the start channel on the LE. (I'm not sure if that mode is used to program the PIC?, as I haven't had to do that yet, someone clarify please)
   2) Push the Mode button again and the number display shows tst, which is the test mode, push the select button, the LED 16 flashes on to start the test, the digit LED's will flash each section on, and then all 16 LED's will light 1 at a time until all 16 are lit, at which time all 16 will flash a couple of times and then the LED 2/ZC, and LED 4/Done LED's will stay lit. To exit, push the reset button.
   3) Pushing the Mode button 3 times shows the start channel (001, if you haven't set it differently) with the first digit having a period after the first number (0.01) With each press of the select button, the LED 16 flashes, and the first number will advance from 0 thru 5. If you press the mode button again, the second number has a period after it (00.1), this will allow you to set the second number from zero thru 9. Pushing the mode button again moves the period to the third number (001.) which allows you to set the third digit from zero thru 9. You can program the start channel to be any number from 001 to 512, although setting the start channel to 512 allows you only 1 channel to use. (I hope that's right, someone tell me if I'm wrong please). After setting the third digit, push the mode button again, and after a few seconds the period after the third digit goes out. Start channel is then programmed.

If any of this is incorrect please let me know,

Bill

Offline RJ

• Administrator
You are seeing the added test section we added in the last firmware update. Press select the second time to move to the all on stay on mode where you can test and repair you lights from the yard instead of having to go inside and so it in software.

To continue on as always hit the mode and step throught the three digits of the channel. You can change them or leave them as they are. when you hit the mode button on the last one the unit reboots to normal opertation. If you change address then it is now on that address if not it stayed where it was. You do not need to hit reset to exit just finish going through the menu.

Only change is the extra select in test.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline salongaopm

Thanks for all the  reply. I didn't know about the added test section. Now, I can breath...I think I have my first LE completed.

Thanks again guys!