Author Topic: EX/RX Parts subtitution  (Read 1430 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
EX/RX Parts subtitution
« on: April 02, 2010, »
Hi Guys , Can someone tell me what part can replace the 511ld117v33c mouser is out , trying to order for EX/RX, I looked on their site and found these but don,t know enough about this stuff any advice would be helpful.

possible replacements

1) 511ld1117v

2) 511ld1117v25

3) 511ld1117v50c
Jeff

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
Re: EX/RX Parts subtitution
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, »
Those three won't work.  The desired part is a voltage regulator with a 3.3v output.  The first has an adjustable output (you may be able to hack that one to work with two resistors to set the output level), and the other two you list are 2.5V and 5V regulators.

They do have 511-LD1117v33 in stock.  That part would work, but has a lower temperature limit of 0C.  If you live in an area where it doesn't go below freezing, that's an option.

Both Digikey and Avnet have the LD1117V33C (good to -40 degrees) in stock.
/mike

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, »
They do have 511-LD1117v33 in stock.  That part would work, but has a lower temperature limit of 0C.  If you live in an area where it doesn't go below freezing, that's an option

Thanks Mike , I live in Saint Cloud FL , we do get occasionaly get freezes but for short periods do you think this will still work ?
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, »
I would get it from the other suppliers or wait for stock. The current draw on the RX and EX/RX is low so there is not much self heating going on. This means if it gets cold you will start to have issues and it will not likely start working once it is on a while. Better to play it safe it is too much work and money to cause yourself issues from being in a rush. Just my opinion YMMV.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, »
Thanks RJ ,

Jeff
Jeff