Author Topic: Slow going but fun  (Read 1255 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Slow going but fun
« on: April 05, 2010, »
Still working on my first sequence.  About 25 hours so far over several evenings and a chunk of a weekend and I almost have a 3:10 song done.  Maybe I should started my 1st light show with with less channels.  I got a swelled head and was greedy.  140 channels.  My 1st is TSO's Queen Of Winter.  All I can say watching the preview is "Kick A$$"!  This stuff just fuels its own fire.  I want more.  At least I am starting to get the hang of the Vixen software.  I hope I am not off to much on time spent on one sequence.  Anyway I am so excited.  This blows away my last years show.  I had a big display buy it was powered by two 6 channel Gemmy boxes.  Had a nice display of lights but nothing to drive them.  The show looked like:

cha·os
?
–noun
1. a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
2. any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases.
3. the infinity of space or formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.

But this year it will look awesome for sure.

Ron

Do you guys have to take this long on a sequence?  <yk..
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: Slow going but fun
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, »
its perfectly normal to spend this much time on a sequence as a newbie. Unfortunately for you, with this much time left until show time, you'll no doubt be tweaking it up until last minute. It get exponencially worse if you are inclined to be a perfectionist. Sorry my friend but it appears as though the bug has bit you bad. Welcome to the party.  :D

Leon
Leon

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do you guys have to take this long on a sequence?  <yk..

I'm down to about 3-4 hrs per minute... after two seasons. <pop..

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline Slinkard

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, »
Man Ron you are flying! I spend about 100 hours per song. now I mix video too so some of that time is add in that department.

Your right on track and sounds like you are enjoying yourself and really thats the best part.