Author Topic: Posting Picture(s) in the forum  (Read 5184 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Posting Picture(s) in the forum
« on: April 12, 2010, »
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to post something and figure it might help people at the same time. :D

This first post will be for posting pictures in the forum using picture(s) from your computer (not from a webspace)

Either start with replying to a post and or starting a new post.

Step 1: Click on Additional Options - See Pic1

Step 2: Click on Browse - See Pic2

Step 3: Select picture you want and click ok  See Pic3

Step 4: Now you will see the attach picture selected - See Pic4

Step 5: Either select (more attachments) to the right of the browse button or Click on post.

Note: The preview does not show the picture(s). Accepted picture formats are (jpg, gif, png)

Hope that helps

Rick R.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline urthegman

Re: Posting Picture(s) in the forum
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, »
This will help me a TON!!! I had a failed attempt today where I just posted a link instead of a picture that I wanted to post. Thanks!!!

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, »
This question can serve as a bump, but it can also clarify the "best" use of the site for me.

Some sites will not host pictures, and so I've been using ImageShack   to stage my photos, then I use a link to that picture on ImageShack in my postings.

Is is better to have the pictures hosted on the DLA server?  Does the moderator/admin have a preference?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, »
I would say that there is no easy answer to that.  If you have a large number and / or high definition photo's of your display that you want to share with the general public then I would host them elsewhere and provide a link to them here.  If you have a few requested photo's such as a project you are working on or photo's of a board that is giving you problems then it may be better to post them here.  RJ has given us the opportunity to use common sense here and we all need to remember that photo's do eat up a lot of space so use this privilege wisely.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving