Author Topic: You can scroll with LSP  (Read 2457 times)

Offline coachers

• Coachers
You can scroll with LSP
« on: April 13, 2010, »

Please,  been there done that old timers. I need your input.

I messed with Vixen all weekend and sorta created a sequence. One issue I didn't like about vixen, you can not move the sound bar and see the effect. The only way is to hit play.

I downloaded Aurora and played with it, still no music scroll on demand.

Well, I started messing with LSP and they do have the ability to move the sound bar and see, they call it scrub ability. Have to admit, I love that part!  I'm so use to video editing, feels more familiar.

Okay, so I found a program that does have one functionality I wanted but is one enough?
I want to learn from your mistakes and hear your thoughts if you have tried these programs. Which one did you end up and why?

Thanks for your time,

AL
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline Caliente Christmas

Re: You can scroll with LSP
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, »
Not that i have done it but have read and watched a video.  You can hook up the wireless Wii controls, connected to the guitars, to your PC and run a performance.  My Kids are goiing to have lots of fun doing it that. This is one reason that I might go LSP.

<md.. Caliente Christmas  <md..

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, »
Ive downloaded the LSP software and have been programming with it the last few days, it has great features and feels more advanced and tidier then LOR S2 (which i used last year). I'm seriously looking at purchasing this software when the demo runs out but Ive come across a few buggy issues with it. The copy and paste feature seem not to work very well and takes a long time, sometimes with weird results. I dint seem to see an undo button either even though its documented as having it. I dint know if others have been having the same issues but at the moment this is a sticking point for me. It may just be my computer, other software has no issues. The Grid feature and RGB tools are great but I'm wondering how its going to handle running 10 CCRs, 15 RGB Floods, and over 260 channels. The software looks great as ill be able to make my transition from LOR to DMX and run 3 separate networks 2 x DMX & 1 X LOR for the CCRs.
Unfortunately for me at the moment the program appears to run slow & a bit buggy with 4 CCRs (200 channels) being programmed on a Dual Core 3.00GHZ 4 GIG Ram system so I'm wondering how it will handle all the goodies at the same time.
As far as the WII remote feature my kids are excited that ill be able to set them up with a light show, so some of my Xmas lights can be used during the year to keep the kids happy.
I will keep at it as I do like the feature set & feel, a great deal more comared to LOR S2.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, »
Thanks Eddy.

Interestingly enough, I reported some bugs I came across to them and they were very forthcoming. Wow!! been some time since I've enjoyed responsive customer service. I'm as of yet not even a customer, just a freeloader!!

That may be decisive point for me..

AL
Great Wealth.....

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, »
i have purchased LSP pro buggy is one way to describe it, tried importing vixen sequences not one would work. Posted msg on LSP forum for help never got a response. need a highend processor and lots of memory (it seems to me) to get anywhere. I had to wait a couple of minutes for the system to plot everything when adding channels or events. I was thrilled at first when I bought but have gone back to vixen because its the only thing that works for me consistently

Offline Caliente Christmas

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, »
tombmatt

Have you tried contacting David from LSP,  his a member here at DLA.  His DLA name is LightShowPro.

here is a couple more email you might want to address him at.

I would like to if the issues are fixed before i commit 80 + dollars.  Keep us informed.

Thanks

<md.. Caliente Christmas  <md..

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, »
The software definitely needs to be optimised further to run smoother and some of the bugs need to be worked out before they look at adding any further features. Yes its seems very buggy at the moment but the RGB side of programming is the best out there for the money, even with the bugs and slow running I'm persevering at the moment knowing that these guys will improve on this software. Its easier & quicker for me to program with good RGB & matrix  programming software then using other software out there that doesn't have the same features. I know the guys will be working hard at fixing these bugs. The same issues happend with LOR S2 when it was first released. The more features the more chances for bugs.
For me i could wait for LOR to release new software (RGB and Matrix tools) but that could be many months away and then it could be very buggy and by that time LightShow Pro should have ironed out most of its bugs (hopefully) plus LightShow Pro gives me new options on DMX where LOR would have been very costly, $259.00 for the IDMX instead for less than a quarter of the price i can build a DMX dongle and add further DMX networks as my channel count grows over the years (especially with the explosion of pixel based lighting)
LightShow pro seems to be a great software package if you are making the change from LOR equipment to DIY and DMX, it allows you to still have the LOR network (i have the dongle so might as well use it for the CCRs) and also DMX universe running at the same time.
So my thoughts are don't let a few bugs discourage you. I haven't bought my copy yet, I'm going to use the full month of the demo first, hopefully within a month there may be an update that may optimise the software further and remove some of the bugs. It does sound like the guys are very receptive to feedback and I know they will be trying hard to fix them all. remember these guys only deal with this software not hardware so they need to get it right or they will be out of business, LOR have many more things going and so can take longer in releasing their software which i believe would still have less features than LightShow Pro because the software alone is not what makes their company money.

That's my 2 cents worth of what I'm thinking about LightShow Pro

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, »
i have purchased LSP pro buggy is one way to describe it, tried importing vixen sequences not one would work. Posted msg on LSP forum for help never got a response. need a highend processor and lots of memory (it seems to me) to get anywhere. I had to wait a couple of minutes for the system to plot everything when adding channels or events. I was thrilled at first when I bought but have gone back to vixen because its the only thing that works for me consistently

Ditto. Except that I did get responses to my questions. It got to be so many that I am just waiting for them to iron out the issues.

One main problem - you cannot edit the simulation screen very easily if at all.

I purchased to help these guys out because I think they have a good vision but I'm wondering if they just didn't bite off too much.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, »
hey guys,

I am working to fix many of the mentioned issues with LSP.
in some cases, they are less repeatable than others and somewhat subjective to the individual users environment. we try to work through every issue uniquely, however some effort is also being placed on the next generation platform (version 2.0) that drives major change and improvements to the way the software works.

we (currently I) am committed to raising the bar and addressing your concerns.
if you have not already, please be sure to visit the lightshowpro.com forums as there are a few great users that really help out with explanations and directing you to the right information.

if youre really interested in a specific feature or bug fix, I encourage you to vote on the feature list in the forums, it is what really drives the development effort!! along with your feedback!

(dont give up yet Paul)

thanks,
David

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, »

When do you expect to have version 2 released?
Great Wealth.....