Author Topic: success for a beginner  (Read 1194 times)

Offline csteph7

success for a beginner
« on: April 19, 2010, »
Well it as been a couple of months but myself and a buddy (also a member) have successfully finished building 3 dongles and 6 LE's.  We have learned a lot and want to thank all of the members who have helped with couple of problems we had with programming the dongle  chip.  We both agree that our success has very little to do with our skills.  The excellent instructions available on Wiki and the high quality of the kits make this an easy project.  Our thanks to RJ for his superbly designed boards and and people who ran the coop.  
I must say that there has been a lot learned over the assembly and one of the biggest has been learning the rules of Canada customs.  Who ever said that Free trade existed never had to deal with these people!!!    

With my 4 LE's I am replacing a home made board that only had 16 on off switches.  The possibilities are now almost endless and am now planning the new elements to my 2010 Christmas display.  Let the fun begin.......just have to figure out how to get the blessing from the boss....maybe I will just go for forgiveness.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, by RJ »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: success for a beginner
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, »
Ouch my eyes, my eyes

First congrats for your success second that scrolling is painful

Well it as been a couple of months but myself and a buddy (also a member) have successfully finished building 3 dongles and 6 LE's.  We have learned a lot and want to thank all of the members who have helped with couple of problems we had with programming the dongle  chip.  We both agree that our success has very little to do with our skills.  The excellent instructions available on Wiki and the high quality of the kits make this an easy project.  Our thanks to RJ for his superbly designed boards and and people who ran the coop.   
I must say that there has been a lot learned over the assembly and one of the biggest has been learning the rules of Canada customs.  Who ever said that Free trade existed never had to deal with these people!!!   

With my 4 LE's I am replacing a home made board that only had 16 on off switches.  The possibilities are now almost endless and am now planning the new elements to my 2010 Christmas display.  Let the fun begin.......just have to figure out how to get the blessing from the boss....maybe I will just go for forgiveness.

Thanks

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline csteph7

Re: success for a beginner scrolling
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, »
oops must have hit a wrong button some where ...you are right it is painfull

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: success for a beginner scrolling
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
oops must have hit a wrong button some where ...you are right it is painfull

Well first thanks!
and second since you did not mean to do it I fixed it. I was worried we would have insane members running loose by the time they read the whole thing ....   <fp.

(for those just tuning in the original full message was accidently set to scroll.)

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying