Author Topic: *****CLOSED****1st Lynx Wireless Version 2 Co-Op 2010**********************  (Read 59680 times)

Offline Kwajtony

Thank you for your efforts in this COOP!  Awesome Job, or perhaps I should say I stand in awe (up to my ankles).  Cases look great. <res.
R,
Tony "C"

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Bill   <res.

My cases have arrived!!!! ;D One set of cover screws are too small thought. <fp.

I'll send another set of cover screws.

Bill

Offline rm357

Thanks Bill for all you've done in the co-op. I got my cases and they look a whole lot better than the ones I did myself  <fp.

The fit wasn't quite perfect - I didn't like the way the board flexed when the RG-45 went in the hole. I did a little trimming of the bosses on that end and that fixed it right up (something like 1/16th of an inch).  ;D

Thanks again!!
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Bill for all you've done in the co-op. I got my cases and they look a whole lot better than the ones I did myself  <fp.

The fit wasn't quite perfect - I didn't like the way the board flexed when the RG-45 went in the hole. I did a little trimming of the bosses on that end and that fixed it right up (something like 1/16th of an inch).  ;D

Thanks again!!
RM

How much flex are we talking?  Maybe its an issue with the machine work on the case? I have a few extra I can send out a replacement.
I put a couple together and did not notice any flexing.

Bill

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
Mine had some flex until I noticed that I hadn't trimmed the legs on the regulator. Trimmed the legs and they fit perfectly.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline Exitfourxmas

Hi Bill,
Got my cases, installed with no problem. :D

Thanks for all the hard work on these co-ops, all my systems are tested and ready to go for this year.

Thanks again,
Jerry

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Received my cases yesterday, but have not put together yet.  I'll put mine together tonight and let you know if I have any issues. Thanks for everything Bill!

Offline golights

Bill,  Thank you for you hard work with this coop.  Everything works the charm.  Good look with the rest of the coops that you have taken on.

Offline rm357

No need for case replacement.

When I first put the board in with the RJ45 in the hole, the other end of the board was ~1/4 inch above the holes. I'm not one to force a circuit card to lay flat so I took out my flush-cutters and cut the thinnest slice off the top of the bosses on the connector end of the box. After that, the RJ45 was centered in the hole before putting the screws in...

Both of my boxes were the same, so I figured the machining must have been off a just a wee bit.

I just wanted to share in case someone else had the same issue, trimming the bosses was the easy solution (I started to get out the file set...).

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
I too needed to shave my RJ45 hole very slightly. No big deal at all, they work and look great! Thanks for doing all of the hard work Bill! Cudos to your wife as well!  ;)

Offline pawpawlights

Bill and family,

Thank you for all of the hard work running the many coop's this year, and the screws too!!!!!

Matt
Times fun when your having flies!!!!!

Offline Night Owl

Hm, mine fit perfectly.  However I was concentrating more on how to install the LEDs so they fit the holes.  ;D   The case looks fantastic!  Thanks a lot!

Offline CJ

Hi, Bill
Just got back in town last night late had to head to work today, and on my desk there they were. Must say nice cases can't wait to put PCB together and put it all together will be nice package.

Thanks again for all your hard work on all the coops you done.
CJ   :o

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Just put in case perfect fit no problems. Thank you for doing this coop and god bless ;D ;D
Jeff

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Moving this into the complete section

Bill