Author Topic: Questions about LE Wireless  (Read 1722 times)

Offline cpnbnanamn

• Patron Member
  • I blame Jack for getting me hooked....
Questions about LE Wireless
« on: April 27, 2010, »
Ok,  I've gone in on the current Wireless co-op, but something is bugging me..  This wireless setup works in the 2.4Ghz band, using an IEEE 802.11 standard (don't remember the substandard at this point)....  Now, as I do a lot of my own home networking, have my own full lab for networking, and wireless, I'm concerned about interference.  What channel does this work on?  Is there a workaround for the wireless if the TX and Rcv are both on channel 6 (like most wireless routers are)?  Maybe someone can correct my thinking here.

-Roger
-Roger

I'm hoping to go NUTS this year!

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Re: Questions about LE Wireless
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, »
RJ will probably give you an earful...   but my experience during the beta testing  ...    I do have wireless router in the house...      Channel 1 of the lynx wireless is at the top end of the 2.4 band...     above what woiuld be channel 11  ..    universe 2 is below that a little....    still above channel 10......     and not directly on the normal internet wireless channels...    universe three  drops down to just below channel 6.      when I ran on universe 3, my wireless computer recognized that there was a new source...   but it also recognized that no connection could be done there...    I was able to continue to run on channel 6 with my computer with no significant interuptions....   I did not attempt to download a 3 gig movie to test my connection.  My  lynx transceiver on the table and the computer is on the floor under the table   so  definitely in near proximity.

Hope this helps a little.   
RJ would have to give you the specifics on the specific frequencies in the Lynx wireless.

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline ponddude

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, »
I will say that last year when my Christmas stuff was on and the DMX TX was on I got a lot of interference on my home network.  Extremely slow download speeds and websites that wouldn't load.  I did a lot of testing and came to the conclusion that it was the TX.  However, I posted here and RJ told me the channel that the TX was on...which was 11.  Once I changed that in my router it was much better.  Here is the post...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Greg

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, »
The Lynx wireless is capable of operating on 3 different channels so if channel one is intefering with your network you can change it to a different channel.  As I'm sure you know, you can also change the channel that your wireles network works on as well.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline cpnbnanamn

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, »
This does help..  I'm pretty sure I'm running on channel 6...    I'm running a Cisco wireless device at home.  I'll be sure to check this out when I get home.  Thanks!  hopefully, this will end up being a non-issue.  Thanks all!

-Roger

(Oh, and RJ??  Please go easy on me..  still learning!)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, by cpnbnanamn »
-Roger

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, »
I don't think he meant earful as in hollering at you!   <fp.

He just meant I could talk your ear off on it. They have done a fine job of explianing it so you get off easy ;D

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline cpnbnanamn

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, »
I don't think he meant earful as in hollering at you!   <fp.

He just meant I could talk your ear off on it. They have done a fine job of explianing it so you get off easy ;D

RJ

That's great!! I'm excited to get this working....  I work nights, so after building my first LE Version 5, while sitting here @ my desk..  (don't tell the boss) I'm looking forward to getting it all working together!

-Roger
-Roger