Author Topic: LE power cable question  (Read 1469 times)

Offline cpnbnanamn

• Patron Member
  • I blame Jack for getting me hooked....
LE power cable question
« on: April 29, 2010, »
Ok,  I'm curious to see what you guys are using for the controlled power cables on your LE's.  How long did you go?  Did you build them yourself? 

Looking through some of the other threads, I came across this one:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I've also been toying with the idea of going with those indoor extension cords, cheapest I could find them was $2/ ea for a 9' cord @ Skycraft (local surplus store), as well as maybe building my own from 16 gauge zip cord and some female ends.... 

I'll be interested to see what you guys have to say, and why you did what you did.  <pop..

-Roger
-Roger

I'm hoping to go NUTS this year!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: LE power cable question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, »
standard 6ft indoor extension cords in brown from Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart or even the Dollar stores all work just fine.  The longer the cord you put on them the heavier they are to carry around the bulkier they are to store.  But it is all up to you.  The most I have ever paid was $1.29 per cord.  Lowes recently had them for about 74 cents and I bought another 32.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, »
Roger,
I found 6' brown cords at Lowes for $.77 each. I cleaned them out.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login cord&Ntk=i_products&Ns=p_product_price|1&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=extension cord$y=4$x=24
I think that Home Depot will match the price.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, »
This is what I use

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

the price is less than a dollar each in 2 ft length, they have longer ones available.

Offline kj77rn

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, »
This is where I get mine, too.  And you can buy several longer lengths, say 3' and cut them in half for the two power supplies and then you have two of the other ends as well.
Steve
Apopka FL

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, »
I use Zip Cord and Vampire plugs from CDI

Bill