Author Topic: Missed Coop  (Read 924 times)

Offline baddawg

Missed Coop
« on: May 11, 2010, »
So... Being a newbee, I messed up and didn't get in on the Lynx Express Coop before it closed.  Do coops happen often???  on a schedule or what?? 
Doug

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
Re: Missed Coop
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, »
Not sure when the next co-op is going to run, as this was the 3rd, I'd say it may be a while but, PM RJ and see if he has any PCB's and or heat sink's left. If he has some, you can get them off of him and buy the parts from Mouser, unfortunately you won't save any money like in a co-op, but you'll be able to build some boards. Or put a wanted to buy in the sale/trade section, someone may have an extra setup. Good luck,

Bill

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, »
It may be a little while before the next coop but from what I have seen there will be at least more than one more before the holiday season.  If you are a complete newbee to light automation then I wouldn't worry much about it.  The most time consuming part of the hobby is the planning and the light sequencing itself and you don't need an Express to do those things and should look into starting that now.  If you don't have the dongle then I would look into that first as there tends to be backorders on parts for that device and you cannot communicate with the Express without it. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, »
Doug,
I am also a newbie. tbone321 is right. There is a tremendous amount of work involved to set up your first blinky/flashy/dimmy show. We have spent countless hours measuring our yard, planning the setup and buying up parts and pieces for our display. The most time consuming part for me has been the sequencing.  I have at least 50 hours invested in learning Vixen and sequencing songs and I have about 20 minutes worth of songs. Now I am thinking about converting everything to Light Show Pro so my grandkids and the neighbor kids can use the Wii guitar to control some of the lights. That will take more hours.
The more I learn, the more I want to do and that is part of the addiction.

Does anyone else have Christmas songs running through their head all day long?

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline baddawg

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, »
Thanks Guys.... I appreciate your help !! 
I've got all the "dongle stuff" ordered from RJ and mouser.  Should be some time soon I'm sure.  I think you're right, I definitely need to get ramped up on Vixen and start learning how to do the sequencing. 

And I thought I was the only one singing Christmas songs this time of year!!

Thanks again,
Doug