Author Topic: firmware for version 2?  (Read 4171 times)

Offline rob

firmware for version 2?
« on: June 02, 2010, »
has the firmware for version 2 been posted on forum or wiki?  the only reason i ask is i just ordered boards for the rx/tx, due to reaching the limit on my paypal account.  and ordered my parts from mouser.

Thanks
Rob

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: firmware for version 2?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, »
I just got done with my transmitter and receiver and wondered the same thing.  I hooked up the PICKit2 and read the firmware on the chip with Checksum 1E69.  Hopefully this is the correct firmware rev.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
has the firmware for version 2 been posted on forum or wiki?  the only reason i ask is i just ordered boards for the rx/tx, due to reaching the limit on my paypal account.  and ordered my parts from mouser.

Thanks
Rob

It has not been posted to the wiki yet but here is the post where it was posted:

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, »
Just tested my first wireless setup with LOR S2.  The LOR setup was finicky but the Lynx gear worked as it was supposed to.  More soldering ahead.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, »
It will not function on Ver 1 Equipment. I have a compatible mode firmware for the Ver1 stuff to make it work with the Ver 2 stuff correctly that I will be posting shortly                                               RJ
  I was wondering how this was going and mabey a time frame . I was trying out the range on my LE,s but 3 of them have the EX/RXv1.2 and as you stated no good with TX/RXv2 also do you have to terminate wireless I believe not but want to make sure
Jeff

Offline kj77rn

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, »
My version 1.2 EX/RX seems to work fine the the V2 TX/RX.  Should it not?
Steve
Apopka FL

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, »
It will only work at all on ch 1 and there are improvments in the firmware to make it function better with Ver 2 stuff.

RJ

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, »
So do I need to replace all my older versions with the version 2 for best results? I hadn't planned on it. Or do I just need to update firmware?
Leon

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, »
For the version 1 LE-RX boards,   you only need to update the firmware from ver 1 to 1.2  (or something like that)   ...    the ver 2 LE-RX boards get the firmware Ver 2.    This makes everything play together nicely.   

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, »
For the version 1 LE-RX boards,   you only need to update the firmware from ver 1 to 1.2  (or something like that)   ...    the ver 2 LE-RX boards get the firmware Ver 2.    This makes everything play together nicely.   

Larry
  HUH Where do you get the 1.2v firmware in the wiki it shows Wireless Reciever 7.hex I am confused can you give me a hand
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, »
There is no firmware out yet for the ver 1 to play nice with the Ver2. It is been check over again before I post it. It will be in the next few days.

I repeat ...  No one has firmware that makes ver 1 wireless work with ver 2 totally. A few beta users have some code that fixed part of the issue but the correct firmware ( "Yet to be released" ) will need to be put in all ver 1 wireless that you want to work with wireless ver2 equipment. This was stated when the ver 2.0 stuff was introduced.

If you are not using ver2 stuff you need do nothing to your unit. The new firmware ("Yet to be released" ) is an improvement on the orignal ver1 firmware so you can upgrade if you wish with the new firmware for ver 1 ("Yet to be released to anyone"). You can not use ver2 firmware on the ver1 it will create issues. ("do not put ver2 firmware in your ver 1 units")

I hope this clears up this issue.

I will post when I get the new ver1 firmware posted.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, »
Wiki has been updated with both the ver 2 firmware. Same as on everything nothing has changed it just was added to the wiki.

The Ver1 wireless firmware update for compatibility with Ver 2 equipment has been posted and is marked as such.

RJ

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, »
Can a version 1 transmitter be used with version 1 EX/RX that has been upgraded to work with a version 2 TX?  So if I am running all V2 stuff (including V1 EX/RX with new firmware) and my V2 TX dies, can I just plug in my V1 TX and keep right on going?  I don't recall seeing this scenario posted so sorry if this has been covered.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, »
I think I just found the answer by looking at the sticky right above this message. Figures!!   <fp.   Looks like the V1 transmitter has new firmware to make it work with everything in the V2 world.

Sorry for the disruption,
-Keith

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, »
I think I just found the answer by looking at the sticky right above this message. Figures!!   <fp.   Looks like the V1 transmitter has new firmware to make it work with everything in the V2 world.

Sorry for the disruption,
-Keith

You are Correct!   ;D

RJ