Author Topic: wifi amp and antenna work  (Read 1851 times)

Offline jsalz

wifi amp and antenna work
« on: June 15, 2010, »
just wondering would this antenna and amp work for the transmitter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Re: wifi amp and antenna work
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, »
The new version 2 transmitter does not have a removable antenna.  Also the version 1 and 2 transmitters are already amplified so an external amplifier should not be needed.

Bill

Offline jsalz

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, »
From what I understand there 100mw amps not 1w amps

What would be better a out door antenna with the unit inside with a 1w amp or a version 2 inside just to let u know my house has bricks on it and my lawn is a acre

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, »
I must warn you that if you do this you will shutdown a large area by causing interference that will likely get you visited by people you do not want to have as guest. At the freqency the units work and the way they work this is a really bad idea that if you do unless you leave in Kansas on a farm with no one else for miles you will I repeat you WILL cause illegal interference and will have compliants filed on you. You will bleed on most of the 802.11 band and since you can not hear the other transmitters you will not shut up to allow them to transmit. This will shutdown all wifi in your area and there will be very unhappy people. It also will not be hard to find you.

100mw on the built in antenna is legal and FCC certified. 1 watt on an external antenna is gonna be costly and I am not talking about your amp and antenna   <wd..

I can cover 5 acres with the stock ver 2 unit as long as I put it in the clear and up off the ground.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline deplanche

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, »
RJ - How far is "up off the ground"?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, »
5 feet.

RJ