Author Topic: LSP and Lynx Express  (Read 1124 times)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
LSP and Lynx Express
« on: June 22, 2010, »
Hi,
I have a few different types of controllers running my show this year, and I am going to use LSP software to run them all. I have 1 Lynx Express, 1 D-Light, and 6 Renard controllers. I have a question about the Lynx Express, do I need the dongle with LSP or do I need the Enttec DMX USB PRO to fun the Lynx Express, or does it matter?

Thanks,
Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: LSP and Lynx Express
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi,
I have a few different types of controllers running my show this year, and I am going to use LSP software to run them all. I have 1 Lynx Express, 1 D-Light, and 6 Renard controllers. I have a question about the Lynx Express, do I need the dongle with LSP or do I need the Enttec DMX USB PRO to fun the Lynx Express, or does it matter?

Thanks,
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

To LSP there is no difference between the enttec dongle and the lynx dongle. Also the Express won't care either. There has been some tests previously where the enttec dongle had some hiccups with intense sequences where the lynx dongle didn't ( I don't know if that has been fixed yet for the enttec pro dongle)

The choice is yours they both work well and produce a dmx info.

Rick R.

btw: The above was talking about the Enttec Pro DMX dongle the open dongle requires your computer to do more work.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required