Author Topic: D-Light/LOR With Lynx Express  (Read 3532 times)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
D-Light/LOR With Lynx Express
« on: July 05, 2010, »
Hi,
 In my show this year I am planning on having a combination of Renard, D-Light, and Lynx controllers. I was wondering if there was a way that I could run the D-Light controller with my Lynx Express controller using a Lynx Dongle. Or  is there a way to run D-Light controllers in a DMX universe without having to go buy a bunch of other equipment??

Thanks,
Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: D-Light/LOR With Lynx Express
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, »
Not at this time that I am aware of. I offered at one point to mod the firmware of the freestyle be a few issues stopped it. I am sure that DMX is on the way for D-light but not sure how far away it is.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, »
Currently the only way i know how you can run all this is through LightShow Pro, you could have a D-Light network and a seperate DMX network running at the same time. LSP will support all the gear that you are using.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, »
Currently the only way i know how you can run all this is through LightShow Pro, you could have a D-Light network and a seperate DMX network running at the same time. LSP will support all the gear that you are using.

I knew I was gonna have to do it with LSP. I don't have a license yet, and just wanted to know if there was a way to do it with Vixen.

Thanks for the quick replies,
Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, »
I'm working on a scheduling tool called xLights that plays LOR and Vixen sequences over any combination of 1) DMX, 2) LOR/D-Light, or 3) Renard networks. It will also run on Windows, Mac OS/X, and Linux, although Mac compatibility is still untested. The current status is that playback of individual sequences (both LOR and Vixen) is working. I'm just working on playlist control before I release a beta.

This would allow you to sequence with Vixen and play back to a combination of Lynx and D-Light equipment. However, you would still need DMX and D-Light on separate networks, each with their own dongles - same as the LSP scenario.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, »
That would be really cool. I have the dongles, but as of right now, one the software to control one of the controllers.
Let me know when you release the beta version, and I could try it out for you.

Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights

Offline Caliente Christmas

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, »
Well Matt you have my attention,  please keep us posted on the develepment.

<md.. Caliente Christmas  <md..

Offline ponddude

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, »
Matt,

I use my Mac every single day and am willing to help you test anything if you need me too.  I use LOR primarily but also have a mix of DMX things and the Lynx equipment.

Just offering up some help if you need it.... ;)
Greg

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, »
Thank you for the offers to test. I will definitely let you know when we get to that point.

One thing I didn't mention in the previous post is that xLights is open source software. If you are interested you can view the source code on SourceForge.net - just search for xLights when you get there. xLights is written in C++ using the wxWidgets toolset - the same toolset used by Audacity and a number of other high quality, cross-platform projects. The hope is that anyone with a knowledge of C++ and a love of Christmas lighting can contribute to the project.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, »

I knew I was gonna have to do it with LSP. I don't have a license yet, and just wanted to know if there was a way to do it with Vixen.

Jesse

Jesse,

I hope you win the license at ICE !

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, »

Jesse

Jesse,

I hope you win the license at ICE !

ME TOO lol
2011 Plans:
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights