Author Topic: Problems with Show computer  (Read 1860 times)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
Problems with Show computer
« on: July 06, 2010, »
Hi,
 Ok, so I have been trying for the past week to figure out how to fix this problem I am having with my show computer. Here are the specs of it:
    IBM Laptop
   Mobile Intel Pentium Processor
   1.90GHz CPU
   755 MHz, 512 MB Ram
   Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

I have had LOR installed on it for about a year now, and it runs fine, it will control my D-Light controller in the sequencer and in the show without a flaw. But I recently tried upgrading to .Net 4. I updated everything, and LOR still runs fine. Whats my problem? My problem is I am not using LOR this year, I am using LSP.  Okay, why is that a problem? Every time I try to install LSP v1.7 it gives me an error saying that I need .Net Framework to be installed. (I also had the same problem when I tried installing the D-Light Firmware updater utility).
I uninstalled .Net 4, and then reinstalled it, same problem. I re-downloaded it from the Microsoft website, and installed it, same problem. I did this three or four times(and yes I restarted the computer after installing/uninstalling it).
I finally gave up on .Net 4, and downloaded .Net 2, thinking that I can maybe get by with that. I was wrong. I was able to install the D-Light Firmware updater, but when I try to run the software, it say there was an unexpected error, and the software needs to close. I installed the D-Light Hardware Utility, and it works without a problem. But still, when I try to install LSP, it give me the same error, even after re-downloading it.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, or if there is something I am missing. Do I have to go with .Net 3? I think the version on the computer before I updated it was .Net 2, but I am not 100% sure.

BTW: All of the software(LOR, LSP, D-Light Firmware Updater, and D-Light Hardware Utility) are the most recent versions.

I don't have another computer I can use, and I don't want to have to go buy a new one, so I really need everyone's help on this.

Thank You,
Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Problems with Show computer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, »
I could be wrong but I do believe that LSP requires 1gb ram.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, »
I ran a it on an older computer before which has 271 MB of ram, and It ran okay, obviously a little slow though.

Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, »
The .Net versions are for the most part independent of each other.  .NET 4 is not an upgrade of .NET 2  You do not have to uninstall one version to install a different one.  If LSP requires .net 3 and you don't have it installed then you will get that error even if you have .net 4 or .net 2 because they are the wrong versions and will not be recognized by the software that requires it.  Leave .net 2 installed and install .net 3 and see what happens.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, »
I ran a it on an older computer before which has 271 MB of ram, and It ran okay, obviously a little slow though.

Jesse

Curious how you did that. I installed LSP on a Win XP desktop with 500mb ram and it wouldn't run. It worked fine after adding more ram.

Here is the requirements from David on LSP website

LightShow Pro Specifications
by admin Published on 02-14-2010

Platform:

OS: Windows XP, Vista or Win 7 Personal Computer (support for 32/64bit)
Processor: 1.5ghz or faster
Memory: 1gb(min)
HDD: 100mb (plus storage for sequences)

Now I know the scheduler can run with less memory

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, »
I had your problem also.

Net 4 does not work with LSP. You need to install net 3.5 and then LSP will install.

LOR S2 does not use Net x.x.

Dennis
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, »
I installed 3.5, and LSP installed and runs fine now. It runs really good, even with half the memory it needs to run. Most of the time I am not going to sync with that computer, I am going to sync with my netbook, which is what I am on now. So really all I will be running is the scheduler.

Thanks,
Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights