Author Topic: *******CLOSED****Lynx Aether Co-Op*************  (Read 47307 times)

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Re: *******CLOSED****Lynx Aether Co-Op*************
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2010, »
I can wait too Bill, if needed.

Ron

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2010, »
OK first of all we are talking about Christmas lighting (A Happy-Giving time of the year  ;)) so this is not life or death to me! I was really counting on using mine this year, but it is hard to plan for something that you don't have yet! If I could get one built, that would get me by for this year, but I am willing to wait if others are in more need of them. One question though, are the LEDs the only thing that is going to hold up this COOP? If so, is there another place to get the LEDs from (knowing that they are going to be more expensive)? I am sure that I will be building more Aethers than I have ordered, so I would  be willing to order my LEDs direct and take the ones from the COOP later. Ok so that was two questions! Anyway you look at it, I can wait if needed!

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2010, »
Bill,   I don't mind waiting for the parts to come in.  Put me on the "CAN WAIT" list.  Thanks,

Freebird
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK first of all we are talking about Christmas lighting (A Happy-Giving time of the year  ;)) so this is not life or death to me! I was really counting on using mine this year, but it is hard to plan for something that you don't have yet! If I could get one built, that would get me by for this year, but I am willing to wait if others are in more need of them. One question though, are the LEDs the only thing that is going to hold up this COOP? If so, is there another place to get the LEDs from (knowing that they are going to be more expensive)? I am sure that I will be building more Aethers than I have ordered, so I would  be willing to order my LEDs direct and take the ones from the COOP later. Ok so that was two questions! Anyway you look at it, I can wait if needed!

Alternate vendors have already been looked into, the problem is not these LED's are pretty new and not a lot are in stock anywhere.  The order I placed actually drained Mouser of what they had, I did find a small stash with another vendor but the cost was much higher than what Mouser gave use with the bulk pricing.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2010, »
I can wait as well since I am still in the early planning stages, but just would like to know one way or the other if possible so I can plan accordingly...thus my previous post.

Also, I have not seen the BOM yet.  Can someone point me to it?  I thought it was supposed to be posted in the COOP somewhere, but I must have missed it.  Or is it in the Wiki?  Will have to go back and read the coop  rules as I don't remember if they said where to look or not.

Thanks,
-Keith

I'm working on getting the BOM posted.  The BOM I'm using for this Co-Op is different due to needing to sub parts and getting parts from multiple vendors.
I'll get something added to the post in a bit.

Bill

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2010, »
Bill, I have 3 on order.  If I could get 1, I would be happy.  The other 2 can wait til next year.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2010, »
It's nice to see even more people who are willing to wait. There haven't been any messages from other people besides me who were banking on using Aethers in this year's Christmas display. I guess they don't want to sound selfish.   :)

Perhaps a PM can be sent out to people asking how badly they want them?

Offline batdive

« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2010, »
Well I for one appreciate those who can wait, but the Aethers were going to be my "main" addition to my show this year.  Since I am still in the building up my show phase (do you ever really get out of this stage btw?  ;D) these would help.

Bill how are you going to do that since Mousers lead times are sometimes accurate and other times under/over stated?  Are you going to ship out some kits early or just wait until everything is in?  Seen the posts above reference it, but no "official" reply.

Curious as it helps me plan "something" for this year as I was planning on using the Aethers for Halloween also (purple / orange and white for lightening effects...  :D ) and wanted to start doing some sequencing work for it.

Thanks in advance

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2010, »
Well I for one appreciate those who can wait, but the Aethers were going to be my "main" addition to my show this year.  Since I am still in the building up my show phase (do you ever really get out of this stage btw?  ;D) these would help.

Bill how are you going to do that since Mousers lead times are sometimes accurate and other times under/over stated?  Are you going to ship out some kits early or just wait until everything is in?  Seen the posts above reference it, but no "official" reply.

Curious as it helps me plan "something" for this year as I was planning on using the Aethers for Halloween also (purple / orange and white for lightening effects...  :D ) and wanted to start doing some sequencing work for it.

Thanks in advance

I am still placing part orders as this is a big Co-Op, other parts than just the LED's are on Back Order but have small lead times.  I will not know how things are going to pan out until all parts orders are placed and I have an ideal of what is where.

Bill

Offline batdive

« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2010, »

Quote from: bill

I am still placing part orders as this is a big Co-Op, other parts than just the LED's are on Back Order but have small lead times.  I will not know how things are going to pan out until all parts orders are placed and I have an ideal of what is where.

Bill

Thanks for the quick reply, and sounds like you will have a better understand of what/when in a couple of weeks.  I think we all understand how much of an undertaking you committed to by being the COOP manager for this one and we all appreciate it.   <res.

Offline rm357

« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2010, »
I can wait as well - I had no plans to use them year. I'm already too far behind schedule to play with the new toys...

I appreciate all the work you are putting into this.

Thanks!
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2010, »
No worries.  My nose is barely above the water, so I, too, can wait.  Aethers wil have to enhance next year's show.
Terry

Offline ronniek

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2010, »
I can wait, i have no plans to use them this year. Always heard don't count your chickens before they hatch. Thanks for all your trouble.

Ronniek

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2010, »
Well after looking at everything that I still have to do. I have wiped out all thoughts of using an aether in this years show, so feel free to wait until next year for me.  Don't kill yourself Bill and don't forget that you have a show to prep for as well.  Boy that calendar moves quick.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline castortiu

« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2010, »
Is there some news about the LEDs?

I'm counting with at least two from the three since is for each side of my house, if there is doubt about the Aehter to make it, then I need to start building MR16s, which is going to take time since I don't have anything yet.

Cas.