Author Topic: Work Light Case for Aether  (Read 2469 times)

Offline wbbb1

Work Light Case for Aether
« on: July 13, 2010, »
As of today Northern Tools have the 500 Watt Halogen Worklight for $7.99 (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), also

Great Plains (no website - 1-800-525-9716 - Dealers Only) has the same 500 watt light for 1-5 @ $7.50, or 6+ @$6.70 each.

Hope you find this helpful!

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Re: Work Light Case for Aether
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, »
Ever the skeptic, do you know for a fact that the Aether board fits in this worklight?

Thanks.

\dmc

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, »
Hi All,

Just wanted to post this to let others know about another option for a case that will fit the Aether board.  I saw that in the latest Home Depot sale paper "weekly Specials 11/4" had a 500 watt light for $5.88. "Special Buy" ;)  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login On the Third Page.   The box is white and black Part number in the upper right hand corner in Blue is 521896.  This is the only model that I dissembled not sure about the other 500 watt light that they have because it was 12+ bucks., too rich for me  <fp.

Anyway I picked up 4 of them and took it apart the housing looks very close to the one from Nothern Tool assembly that RJ is using.  The Aether board fits into it like the Nothern tool light. The board will sit back flat 0.685" from the top edge of the case lip, the board thickness is .065 so the aluminum brackets will be able to be set back .7500" as per RJ instructions like the nothern case.   The case itself looks like the Nothern case with the small raised ribs on the side.  There is a slight difference in the raised edge on the side and some additional aluminum pillars inside of the case.  By the looks of the Nothern case it looks like these edges are only angled slightly while the home depot cases are angled out more.  So instead of measuring .500" from the edge I would do .400" which will give you a center to center measurement of 3.200" which will still not interfere with the screws mounting the board which have a center to center measurement of 2.2750" and will give you more that enough "meat" (.275) on each edge of the 3.75" angled bracket.  I'm going to follow RJ's how to video to mount one into the case to see if all is good.

The only major difference in the two cases that I can tell is the cord length on the Home Depot model is only 12" while the one from Nothern looks like its 24+ inches and the stand assembly is different.

The little black box that piggie backs the back of the light case has room for the little add on toggle switch and room for the servo cable to feed thru to the case.

For $5.88 you can't go wrong if you don't have a Nothern Tool close by you here on the West coast.

I'll take some pics of the case and post.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, by Rod R »

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, »
My Home Depot still has those lights for $5.88 so I picked one up this weekend.  Now all I need is an Aether kit to build into it!   <fp.
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."