Author Topic: Problems reading dialog box  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Problems reading dialog box
« on: July 26, 2010, »
I just purchased LSP yesterday.  If I start the program, then click the MAIN button in the upper left, then click either "New media sequence" or "New animation sequence"  when the box appears in the middle of the screen the bottom part is cut off to where I cannot read what the buttons say at the bottom of the box.  Only the top part of the buttons is visible.  I'm not sure how to describe this problem better.  I spent the money on LSP because this was the type of problems I was afraid I would have with Vixen.  HELP...

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Problems reading dialog box
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, »
Sounds more like a windows /  monitor setup problem to me

Did you change the monitor settings to make things bigger so its easier to read? Assuming you have a LCD type monitor they have a default resolution that it works best at.

Then again I could be totally wrong

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, »
I can try to post a screen shot.  Can someone let me know how to do that?  It is a hard thing to describe.  I do have a LCD monitor but I haven't made any changes as far as resolution or anything since I bought it 2 years ago.

Offline rm357

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, »
Sreen shot: Press and hlod the ctrl key and then press the prtsc key. Open up any graphics program (like paint) and do a ctrl-V (or select paste under the edit menu). Save the file then use the additional options on a post to this web site, click the browse button and go find the file - I usually stick files on the desktop so that they are easy to find, then delete them when i am done.

Doing a shift-prtsc and alt-prtsc each do different types of screen/window capture, but I never can remember which is which...

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, »
I have attached a screenshot of the problem....I think.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, »
Notice that the 3 buttons in the box in the middle of the screen are cut off to the point you can't read what they say.

Offline rm357

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, »
I agree with dmore and I've seen this at work.

The window's size is set to a specific value, but you have your font set bigger than the programmer planned for. When everything in the box gets scaled for your font, the buttons are getting pushed off the bottom of the page, and out of the window.

If you don't know how to change the font, we'll need to know the operating system you are using to guide you through the steps.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, »
Fixed.  I had to change both the DPI setting and the font size.  I increased both when I got this 22" monitor.  Have not had an issue with any other programs.  Not sure what a big monitor is good for if you can't increase your font size.
Oh well, thanks for your help.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, »
It's not the monitors fault here, it's the software.  It appears that they fixed the size of the window and didn't add code to cause it to resize if required.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving