Author Topic: What are those bright camera-flash-like sparkle lights I see?  (Read 3041 times)

Offline liquidxmas

Watching videos I see a lot of random bright flashes that look a lot like camera flashes. What are they called and where do I find some?

Thanks

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
They are strobe lights.  Just like camera flashes.  The ones I bought are C9 base lights.  Here is the link to where I got mine.  They can be bought from other places.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
LOL too funny ...

They are 250 watt quartz lights, and that what they look like when you "hit" them with power. cool effect for a $6.00 light.  You can get them in all kinds of sizes but 250 works best for us guys.

I have a Light-O-Tower  made with 8 of them and we can pretty much light up the neighborhood with it when it is on, and blinds cameras.

but singles is the way he uses them here.  You can get them at HD, Lowes or any tool place .. called "work lights"  best ones to use is the ones that are made by workforce in a blue and gray box.
Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline lightingnut

Those flood lights are a cool effect. I'm sure the people across the street from me would not be tooooo happy having those flash for 6 hrs every night lol. That is how long my show runs 5 to 11pm.

Offline Blackbeard

So to clarify: are these quartz halogen? Can they be dimmed with the normal controllers?