Author Topic: Finishing up LE board  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Finishing up LE board
« on: July 30, 2010, »
I'm sorry to keep asking simple questions but once again no one was in the chat room.   First, I am ready to mount the board in the enclosure.  I assume that is what the four  #8 sheet metal screws are for?  Does anyone use spacers between the board and the enclosure?  Does anyone clean the bottom of the board (flux, etc) and if so what do you use?

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: Finishing up LE board
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, »
Use Isopropyl alcohol and a brush to clean the bottom of the board.  I went to Lowes and bought 6X5/8" pan head phillips screws & #6 flat washers to mount the express in the case.  For the spacers I simply bought 1 foot of plastic hose for 20 cents and used a razor blade to cut off 1/4 inch spacers.  Lowes had spacers but I think they were close to a dollar each and I was building 10 expresses.  Forty dollars for the spacers was to much money.  The plastic tubing used for water lines for an ice maker worked like a champ!

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rm357

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, »
I just used the little rubber water faucet washers - they are about a 1/4 in thick and already have a hole in them. No cutting required. I don't remember what i paid, but they came in a 10 pack...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, »
Most of us just drill the post that are high down with a drill and leave the ones the board screws to alone. Then use the #8 screws to screw it in you do not need washers for it.

Somewhere is a thread with everone going around about there way of doing it but I do not see it right off the bat. It's DIY so there is a dozen different ways people are doing it. 

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, »
Here are some more ideas:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, »
... I use a dremel disk to cut the high ones off flush (or so) with the enclosure.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL