Author Topic: D-Light plugin?  (Read 2778 times)

Offline bdk197

• The Keen Family Lights
D-Light plugin?
« on: August 02, 2010, »
Is there a plugin for D-Light more current than reidfoLOR1.dll? I've tried this one and the d-Light controllers perform so badly as compared to the LE's and the little Chinese 3 channel DMX ontrollers.

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
Re: D-Light plugin?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there a plugin for D-Light more current than reidfoLOR1.dll? I've tried this one and the d-Light controllers perform so badly as compared to the LE's and the little Chinese 3 channel DMX ontrollers.

He was offline for a bit but indicated he would be working on the plug-in again at DIYC: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, »
I used the 2.1 version the other day(just for testing), and it worked without any problems. I had it running a D-Light ACx8 with 2.0 firmware.

Jesse
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline bdk197

• The Keen Family Lights
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I used the 2.1 version the other day(just for testing), and it worked without any problems. I had it running a D-Light ACx8 with 2.0 firmware.

Jesse

I just tried both version 2.1 and 2.5.0.8 with the reidfoLOR1_v21. With a DCx16 V2.0 firmware connected. Yes it sort of works..  Ramps don't work -  result in full intensity flickers..  There doesn't appear to be any intensity control. The plugin also appears to be  incomplete in that the options to configure controller id and channel(s) isn't there in a functioning manner. It appears the plug-in has a ways to go before it's really usable to provide LOR and D-Light controllers anything close to what's available to DMX.

Offline bdk197

• The Keen Family Lights
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, »
I agree. I've put the question out on the D-Light forums to see if there are any plans on supporting DMX - I get referred to the same posting at planet christmas..   Very disappointing.

Alas I guess the only way to really support the D-light controllers, the LEs, and the 3 channel dmx controllers will be to bite the bullet and purchase LSP. There appears to be little to no hope that Aurora will support DMX in the near future along with the D-Light and LOR support it currently has.  The beta version of Aurora that supported DMX (as seen in some folks displays for 2009) appears to be unaccessable to anyone that wasn't or isn't part of the chosen few.

Was hoping that D-Light might do much the same as LOR and support DMX. Figured that with the Open ACx16 by now there's be some level of firmware support.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, »
I tried to make this happen  <fp.   I just did not like the requirements that the owner had. I was offering for their users benefits not mine. I mean free firmware is free firmware. Likely for the best as I had too much to do already.

RJ 
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying