Author Topic: Back to an old thought  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Blackbeard

Back to an old thought
« on: August 05, 2010, »
I'm still considering a design to use one of RJ's wireless devices as a receiver for DMX to a non-Lynx device. I'm sort of leaning towards the EX/RX (version 2). The wiki lists the way to do this for a version 1 module and I'm guessing it's the same for the newer version.

Anyway, the pins from the 2 four pin headers used to mount the EX/RX to another device is used to transfer the DMX signal on what I'll call pins 2,3, and 8 which go to the RS485 chip. What are the other pins used for? I'm sure two of these are power.

RJ, is this info available anywhere? Just need the info to make the EX/RX functional.

Also, can you give me the exact spacing between the 2 4-pin headers? The best I could come up with was 43mm, which translate to a really strange inch measurement.

Thanks

steve
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, by Blackbeard »

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
Re: Back to an old thought
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, »
Based on the instructions for adding an EX/RX to another controller, the pinout is:

Pin 2: TTL-level RX data from the module
Pin 3: +5V
Pin 5: GND

/mike

Offline Blackbeard

Re: Back to an old thought
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, »
Mike,

Thanks. I didn't even think about consulting the RS485 datasheet. For some reason, I was thinking 3 signal DMX, so figured power was elsewhere on the headers.

Does this module use an internal clock on the PIC?

steve