Author Topic: substitute part  (Read 1387 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
substitute part
« on: August 14, 2010, »
Just verifying that the LD1117v33 is now the 511-LD1086v33 I have extra parts and trying to organize these are the same part aren't they just different Parts #I also have some 140xrl25v100rc and 647-uvy1v101med these are these the same also, I have some 35v 100uf also can all these be used as the same . The reason for asking is I have parst from old #s and parts from new #s . I am thinking the 33v,s are the same and the 25v and 35v are the same . these are parts ordered thru our coops I just ordered spares
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: substitute part
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, »
The first two part numbers are not even close to being the same. They are 3.3 v regs but are not the same pin out or ratings. These would be from different devices.

Make sure the correct part numbers are used in the correct device. The caps part numbers changes on some of the items because the company making them got out of the cap business.  If the cap is the same value and same voltage rating and lead spacing is the same and the temputure rating is the same than it can be used in anothers place.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, »
This is a question for my own knowledge.  I know that you can't use a cap rated for less voltage than what you need but would using one rated for a voltage greater than what you need cause any real issues provided of course that it will fit in the location ofthe lower rated cap.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is a question for my own knowledge.  I know that you can't use a cap rated for less voltage than what you need but would using one rated for a voltage greater than what you need cause any real issues provided of course that it will fit in the location ofthe lower rated cap.

As long as the filtering rating and pin spacing are the same than using a cap of higher voltage is fine.  On the Wireless Co-Op I had to use 35V 100uf caps instead of 25V 100uf for some of the kits.

Bill