Software > Prancer

Quick Updates

(1/18) > >>

castortiu:
Quick Update: 8-26-10

I haven’t stop and I keep working hard on it.

I have found a problem in performance which some kind limits the application to goes beyond 512 channels and still have frame rate above 25FPS (Frames Per Second), we need 40FPS to do not lose any light state if we run the show with a 25ms frames, or 20FPS running the show with 50ms frames, I’m dumping almost all processing on the GPU and it is not enough (unless you have a $200-$300 video card :)) I’m talking with the APIs developers here at Microsoft and basically this problem is part of the 3D APIs, basically they don’t scale to the magnitude we need to go (above 2K channels), I’m investing a little time in go more low level but that makes the programming be less productive and have to spend too much time on it.

I’m deciding for now stay with the current model at least to make progress in the application but at the same time isolate all the 3D APIs to be able to use a more low level technology in the future when there is good progress in the application.

The problem is in the live preview and not when the sequence is exported to Vixen, so is not a critical problem and will work well under 512 channels, otherwise playing the song a little slower automatically boost the FPS otherwise spending $100 in a medium-high profile video card probably will give you another 512 channels.

I’ll be uploading the current progress in a couple days.

Cas.

dmaccole:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThe problem is in the live preview and not when the sequence is exported to Vixen, so is not a critical problem and will work well under 512 channels, otherwise playing the song a little slower automatically boost the FPS otherwise spending $100 in a medium-high profile video card probably will give you another 512 channels.

--- End quote ---

Once you've bought enough stuff for 512 channels, an extra $100 to program the next 512 channels is probably not an issue ;) ...

\dmc

castortiu:
That's true,

A couple days ago I spent $500 in just 20 strobes, vampire plugs and SPT-2 wire :).

Cas.

castortiu:
Progress 8-29-2010

Sorry about demos getting big in size.

As always I just show incremental progress, if you missed some videos, see previous videos on topic "Started software to create sequences", there you can find all videos from Prancer's beggining.

Cas.

[attachment deleted by admin]

trekster:
WOW!

Thank You

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version