Author Topic: Quick Updates  (Read 28852 times)

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
Re: Quick Updates
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, »
Cas,

This is like trading in a Model T for a Ferrari.  Even my wife said WOW.  Truly looking forward to seeing this out there.  Awesome work.

Alan T

Offline Greg

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, »
Cas,

Downloaded your latest video a few days ago, finally had a chance to watch it and Prancer is coming along nicely indeed!

I am really looking forward to seeing your project come to fruition, but, in the mean time, you're making it hard for me to sit down and fill in the grids for this year's show.   ;)

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline castortiu

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, »

Offline castortiu

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, »

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, »
Here's cheering you on with your development , I don't understand much of it but us old and slow beginners need something easier than what we now have. Thanks ,if we didn't have people like yourself ,RJ and others developing this affordable stuff people like myself wouldn't have blinky .

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

Watching this.  Think you'll get more feedback when you put out a version that people can try, even if it's not fully ready.  That's when people can see for themselves how things look and feel.

And if it save files, then you will have people trying it right now, I believe.

I do like the effects showing in the waveform, where they can easily be placed.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, »
I bet you have more followers then you think.  I have been sitting quiet just watching every video you post.  I am very excited about Prancer.  I know it is easy for you because you are making it and know everything about it.  To me it looks kinda of hard compared to Vixen.  I know it is superior to it on the sequencing side and it is just for sequencing.  I just hope you make plenty of detailed "HOW TO" videos when you release it.  Don't be shy to just talk in your videos.  I know no one likes to hear themselves played back.  I think it would be better to simply explain what you are doing in your videos.   I know it is probably lame but the short "how to" videos for Vixen helped me get started.  They were short and simple.  The guy took a picture of Snoopy's dog house,  the peanuts theme and then showed how to set up some channels and some effects.  For me it helped a bunch.  I made a similar set up in Vixen and played it back and it worked.  I then made a bigger one.  Tried new things and was able to learn more and more.  This is my first year (2010) for computer controlled animation.  My show is not as big as others but I have 144 channels.  My first sequence took 50 hours!  I know your goal is to shortening that and make it easier without the grid.  I thank you so much for your time and updates.  And yes I agree with Keith.  As soon as you can release a even partial working copy for us to try out will be great!  You can leave out any export stuff so it would be just to try it out and get a feel of your software.

Is this software planned to be released for 2011 or what?  <pop..

Again.... THANK YOU!

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, »
Hi Cas,

I have been following along hoping to get a chance to play with Prancer. Sequencing is the hardest part of doing a show for me. So any help with that would be wonderful

Today I took a bunch of pictures of my front yard in hopes of using it with Prancer.

Many thanks for all of your effort and time

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline castortiu

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, »

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, »
For example:
0:+:100:200 means on channel 0 produce a linear fade-in and start with intensity 100 and end on 200 for the duration of the cycle
10:* means the channel 10 is On to full intensity for the duration of the cycle.

I was trying to figure out what you were doing in those dialog boxes ... now it makes sense (sort of).

Best of luck; don't kill yourself.

\dmc

Offline castortiu

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, »

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, »
This is just so cool to hear about.  "I" thank all of you for the hard work.  I can't wait to watch the next video.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline castortiu

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, by castortiu »

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

Downloading and running the program to put the zip files together into one mp4 video file is worth it for those who wish to see how this is progressing.

It may be in the Alpha stage, but it's functional, and puts a sequence together that works in multiple versions of Vixen.

Keith

"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, »
Hi Cas

Very impresive

I can't wait to give it a try when ready

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required