Author Topic: Quick Updates  (Read 57756 times)

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Re: Quick Updates
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, »
Cas:

Late nights and lots of caffeine are obviously doing their job. This looks to be most-excellent software.

Thanks so much for your hard work.

\dmc

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, »
You must be keeping the coffee companies in business...looking good 
Chris

Offline sirwesley

• Sirwesley.com
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, »
Simply amazing!  What version of Vixen did you import to?
Thinking of using xLights for my scheduler this year and avoid Vixen all together if I can.  Just would like to see if an import to xLights would work since it will import .vix files supposedly.  Haven't tried yet. 

Again....Awesome Job!  Can't wait to try it out myself! (waiting patiently)  :P
-Wesley
Winston Salem - NC

Offline castortiu

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, »
So far we have tried from version 2.1 to to 2.5.0.8 and we didn't have any problems.

I guess almost any Vixen stable version will work, if xLights can play Vixen files then I don't see why it would not work.

Cas.

Offline castortiu

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2010, »
Quick Updates: 10-22-10

Prancer Alpha V0.51.3 implements all necessary features to create and export sequences.

A few of the latest features are:

* Allow to add hardware controllers and map the physical channels to the device channels.

* Exporting to vixen now exports the devices and the mapped channel as channels name, so is very easy to setup the hardware (Prancer does not help with anything to work in the frontyard YET).

* Allow to create effects with a graphical user interface, now effect patterns are hidden from the user and the user doesn’t need to know the pseudo language. In a future when the user selects devices Prancer will offer many pre-made effects, it will look smartly what are the selected devices and “guess” what is the user trying to do. For now all effects are “Custom”, which means the user must tell to the user interface what he wants for every cycle and channel transition.

Today I started to create a real sequence that I will use on my show, and basically I can confirm that I made it, this year my show will be Powered by Prancer/Vixen.  <pop..

Still is far away from a public Beta but looks promising.

On November 1st I’ll be releasing Alpha 2, and I’ll accept 10 more users requests to be part of the Alpha development/testing, If you want to be part of the process and make a dent on Prancer’s future you are very welcome to apply, you don’t need to know ANYTHING about programming, you just must be willing to spend time on it, report bugs, provide feedback and share what is on your mind. (I know we are getting close to Christmas and everyone will be super busy, so I won't be expecting a lot for now, but if you apply just make sure you really want to).

I’m uploading the sequence that I started today; I think I’m almost 75% of what I want so I’m getting a good speed. (The recorder I used to capture the screen can't capture too many frames per second so the video skips frames when there is much activity :) )

Cas.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, by castortiu »

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, »
AMAZING!!!!!  Wow! my brain is fried from thinking about the work you have done.  Cool And Great job! Hope to play with it soon.

Offline lowrider3121

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, »
Really would like to play with this software

Harvey from Michigan

Offline ptone

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2010, »
Great looking stuff - I'm brand new to this scene, but immediately started thinking along the same lines - the grid looks brain dead to me from the go. 

see: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LSP transitions look similar to this, and its a great idea of mapping video to the spatial layout of lights.  But I like the idea of abstracting the timing data from the effects.  Where LSP in the end just generates grid events, I like the idea of keeping your objects interacting with some simple timing signals, and applying effects to this at runtime (or to generate "player" files).

Now being a Mac/Unix guy - I'm looking at having to roll my own.  I'm not looking to put together a full blown end user product.  However I've started architecting a framework of sorts that could sit between the existing protocols of MIDI and DMX - it would be a programatic framework in python - no GUI.

Anyway - in awe of your project so far - tons of work just to handle the waveform and 3D code.

Keeping something this complex easy to use is a monumental challenge, but a very worthy goal.

-Preston
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline sirwesley

• Sirwesley.com
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, »
Looking great!  Can't wait to try things out!
-Wesley
Winston Salem - NC

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, »
Wow amazing progress!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Chipi

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2010, »
It's looking GOOD :) Love it!

Offline jasond

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, »
This sounds interesting, but I don't have a Windows machine.  Was there a link to screenshots or similar posted?  I'd love to see what everyone else is seeing.

Offline ptone

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This sounds interesting, but I don't have a Windows machine.  Was there a link to screenshots or similar posted?  I'd love to see what everyone else is seeing.

I'm working on something similar for Mac/Linux - but without much of a GUI - more scripted.

-P
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline jasond

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, »

I'm working on something similar for Mac/Linux - but without much of a GUI - more scripted.

-P

Similar for me too.  Nothing runs on Mac so I wrote what I needed.  That's what I used for my Halloween show.  I needed something that automated the automation.  ;-)  There was no way I was going to sequence those flickering lights.  LOL

Offline ptone

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, »
OK, I've written a blog post and have started a different thread for what I'm working on - so we can just talk about Prancer progress here.

-Preston
--
budding channel wrangler