Author Topic: Quick Updates  (Read 57780 times)

Offline castortiu

Re: Quick Updates
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2010, »
Here is a video of a sequence created with Prancer 0.51 and the video in real life side by side.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Still I’m mounting the lights so the Aethers are not fully in the right position yet.

Cas.

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2010, »
Super display,Glad you didn't quit.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2010, »
Awesome!

Glad you did not give up on it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2010, »
Great display.
Thanks for sharing

-Jeff

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, »
Awesome Job Cas

After a while I forgot to watch the prancer side and just watched the right side LOL

Thanks for sharing

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline csf

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2010, »
I m impressed in quite a few ways.

1) Was this your first year doing lights? That Light display was quite impressive.

2) The visualizer in prancer Looks greats. Looks allot more better then any of the other programs I have scene.

3) The sequencing looks great, and spot on.

Now once question I do have is I was under the impression that Prancer was not going to directly control lights, is prancer controlling the lights, or what did you use for light control?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2010, »
I m impressed in quite a few ways.

1) Was this your first year doing lights? That Light display was quite impressive.

2) The visualizer in prancer Looks greats. Looks allot more better then any of the other programs I have scene.

3) The sequencing looks great, and spot on.

Now once question I do have is I was under the impression that Prancer was not going to directly control lights, is prancer controlling the lights, or what did you use for light control?

I believe Prancer creates the sequence for Vixen.

I think you are seeing a preview in Prancer on the left
Then on the right its Vixen running the outside show

Of course I could be totally wrong (won't be the first or last time LOL)

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline egenoup

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2010, »
Excellent display!!!!

I decided I did not have enough time to redo my 18 sequences with prancer, so I just converted and decided to use LSP ( <fp.)  The other issue I had is that most of my older controllers are d-light, which are LOR compatible controllers and vixen does not have a good LOR output plug-in.  This fact alone makes it difficult to rework with prancer.  I will be working on a DMX firmware replacement for my d-light boards and I will be able to use the prancer/vixen combo for next year.  I will most definitely use prancer next year.  Great work...

Egenoup

Offline csf

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2010, »
If Prancer is exporting vixen files, you can run the vixen files through xlights, the newest svn version, should be working with dlight controllers.

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2010, »
WOW!

Looks great!

Excess is Success

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2010, »
Looks great CAS.

Thanks for hanging in there and sharing!

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline Unibits

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2010, »
Thats spectacular

Four little words sum up what has lifted most successful individuals over the crowd: a little bit more. They did all that was expected of them and a little bit more.

Offline castortiu

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2010, »
csf,

1) This is my second year, I did my first year with Vixen and suffered the pain with only 48 channels, this year is 270 channels (there are also 8 real trees in both sides of the street with 10000 extra lights and they do not appear on the video), so I could not take other year making it with Vixen so I decided to do something or no show for 2010 :).

2) The visualizer is really the working area, Prancer works on a 3d engine so you are editing and playing the show at real time, basically the working area IS your vizualizer, you move the camera or object anywhere you want, so you can watch the show from any 3d position and decide if the objects will be seen property from there.

Still is an alpha so the objects you see are basic shapes, in the future the shapes will support textures which will give real life appearance to the objects.

3) Because Prancer works on the working area with the audio it can be synchronized to the millisecond precision and effects are very easily expanded/shrink or moved so is very easy to synchronize with the music, after it is exported to Vixen there is a loss of 25 times precision since DMX max frame rate is 25ms, for that reason Prancer support also snap to frame rates to show what REALLY will looks like after the file is exported to Vixen.

4) As Rick said it does not control the lights but instead it export to Vixen. I need to talk later about that with you, since I need a way to control the show from Prancer at real time, since is very useful to map the channels and other things (not to run the show), I need from xLights a way to send a DMX frame through a memory map file/shared memory/pipe or socket or any other mechanism and xLight send this to DMX.

The reason is because I don’t care where I plug the lights on my LE’s (12) and SSR ( 8 ), I just plug the string wherever I can then later I map with Prancer the channels, a lot easier than go outside with a printed paper where the strings should be plugged. But for that currently there is a middle step I need to do with Vixen and the “Test Channel”, so if instead I can do it with xLights from Prancer then setting the Show wires will be a piece of cake. Just go outside plug the string wherever the heck you want and let Prancer do the mapping via software.

Cas.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, by castortiu »

Offline Pyrotech

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2010, »
Whoa, great video and visited your blog .

I'm over the moon to see this. I've been looking for midi (show control version) tie into these lights.   I've wanted to have a multi faceted show control under time code, like SFX etc. so I can tie in my pyro with the MSC.   

I'm sure your aware of MSC, but if not the wiki is a great place to start.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.    and have you read John Huntington's Control Systems for Live Entertainment ?

I'd like cli control over vixen or LSP scripts.  Now I can drag out all my old gear . BCF2000 control of Vixen.   >.d9

Offline ptone

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2010, »

Still is an alpha so the objects you see are basic shapes, in the future the shapes will support textures which will give real life appearance to the objects.

Cas, I think what you have in the 3D is already awesome.  Since you will never attain photo realistic, I think a degree of proxy representation of the lights is OK.  Rather than spend all that time getting the rendering improved, I'm sure you have lots of other things on your todo list.

Is there an object navigator other than the 3d view - where you can see objects in groups in a tree view?

-Preston
--
budding channel wrangler