Author Topic: Quick Updates  (Read 57758 times)

Offline dmoore

Re: Quick Updates
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2011, »
I too am interested in the status of this project.

Offline Pete

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2011, »
ME too it looks very promising!!

<pop.. <pop.. <pop.. <pop..

Offline Greg

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2011, »
Not sure but this may be a dead product development...  Cas's profile indicates he hasn't been logged on since this past March.

Hopefully nothing unfortunate has happened to him and he will come back to this because it really was looking promising.

Perhaps one of the admins knows more or can contact him....

....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline dmoore

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2011, »
It's ashame that he got so far along, even to the point of running his show but it does appear it is a dead project.  This project was the finest example yet I've seen of the Object Oriented Sequencing with 3D layout, objects, object collections, etc. 

It would be great if he was willing to release the code so that others could build on his ground work....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, by dmoore »

Offline Jrd

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2011, »
Has anyone heard anything new on this project? Or does anyone have a contact for Cas? Maybe an admin would be willing to try contacting him on behalf of the community?
-Ricky, Jrd

Yes, I am from DIYC.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2011, »
The last time he even logged into the site was back in March so I would say that this project is either dead or gone full commercial  which also makes it dead for us.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Jrd

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The last time he even logged into the site was back in March so I would say that this project is either dead or gone full commercial  which also makes it dead for us.

Hopefully he is not dead. I am going to try to get in contact with him somehow, will post back if I reach him.
-Ricky, Jrd

Yes, I am from DIYC.

Offline ptone

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2011, »
He quit the hobby once when the wind blew down his mega tree - and he got fed up with the weather.  He did come back for a bit, but I'm guessing he is just done with it.

-P
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline tbone321

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2011, »

Hopefully he is not dead. I am going to try to get in contact with him somehow, will post back if I reach him.

LOL, I didn't say that he was dead, just this project.  Good luck getting a hold of him.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Jrd

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2011, »

LOL, I didn't say that he was dead, just this project.  Good luck getting a hold of him.

Thanks, at this rate I'm definitely gonna need it.
-Ricky, Jrd

Yes, I am from DIYC.

Offline csf

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2012, »
Maybe try contacting him through his Vimeo account... I was really looking forwards to this software too...

Offline Zeph

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2012, »
If he is really "over it", could somebody check to see if he would be willing to open source his code?  Seems like a large waste to have that much creativity and effort die completely.  One of the major advantages of open source (for users) is that projects don't need to die if the developer(s) lose interest or ability to continue them.

(It's up to Cas of course; just hoping!)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, by Zeph »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2012, »
Contacted has been attempted by a number of people. SO I am going to lock this thread as it keeps going and make new people think it is still alive.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying