Author Topic: EX -RX Builds with Aether  (Read 2785 times)

Offline batdive

EX -RX Builds with Aether
« on: September 04, 2010, »
RJ, quick question finally got done watching all the videos (since my cases) and (EX/RX) are in I was starting to work on them.  During the last part of your case video for the Aether you mention the installation of the EX.  You quickly make a point about the voltage regulator being bent for room.  Since I did not see any shots of this done, I was curious as to what or how much clearance I need to do for that. 

How far up the legs, I would like to bend them prior to install just to make it easier to get the 90 degree bend done.

Thanks as always.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: EX -RX Builds with Aether
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, »
Just make sure that it clears the .1 cap under it and bend it till it is level with the pcb pointing down. We did the same thing on the SSR4 units to fit them in the case top I think there is some pictures somewhere on the forum for that.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline batdive

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just make sure that it clears the .1 cap under it and bend it till it is level with the pcb pointing down. We did the same thing on the SSR4 units to fit them in the case top I think there is some pictures somewhere on the forum for that.

RJ

Cool thank you for the fast response, I left those off a couple of my builds until I knew.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, »
Here is a pic that shows both

Bill

Offline batdive

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, »
Thanks Bill, yeah I took a couple pics this morning when I finished a couple up with the bends and appears to look close to yours.  I'll add the pics to the EX-RX Ver 2 Manual I just completed for those doing the Aether.

Offline rm357

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, »
Hey Bill,

I'm sure it's just the lighting, but the third RX on the bottom row looks like the voltage regulator is on backwards...

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey Bill,

I'm sure it's just the lighting, but the third RX on the bottom row looks like the voltage regulator is on backwards...

RM

Yea, just the lighting, the regulator is bent forward slightly which is reflecting some of the light back.

Bill