Author Topic: Scroll Wheel in Vixen  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Scroll Wheel in Vixen
« on: September 07, 2010, »
The scroll wheel in Vixen seems somewhat inconsistent on how it works. Usually, when I spin the wheel, the listing of channels scrolls up and down. Sometimes though, when I spin the wheel, it moves the current selection area up and down. This is sometimes super handy, but iI don't know how that mode enables. Holding down, Ctrl, Shift, and Alt doesn't really make a difference. I even tried the seldom-used Scroll Lock key, no no avail.

How do you toggle between the Scroll modes?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Scroll Wheel in Vixen
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, »
It usually depends on the last frame that you clicked in
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, »
Can you please elaborate?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, »
In windows, whatever window you are working in has what is called "focus".  When you move the mouse out of that window try to scroll another window, only the original window will scroll until you click somewhere in the window that you want to scroll in.  Not sure that is your problem, but that is what I understand the standard is.  Remember that Vixen can have multiple windows open within the overall vixen master window.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, »
I think I figured it out... kind of... it appears that when I change the order of the channels using the drop-down box in the toolbar, that's when the scroll mode changes. To change it back again, I just have to do stuff like clicking the scroll buttons to move around in the sequence. Doesn't make much sense, but at least now I know how to trigger it.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, »
Hmmmm... I also realized just yesterday that you can move a large selection area by using the keyboard's arrow keys.  ::)

I also found the trick of holding down Ctrl and pressing the up-down arrow keys. I wish it Scaled the entire selection area by percentage, but it's better than nothing.