Author Topic: LSP Output Issue  (Read 1609 times)

Offline garyh

LSP Output Issue
« on: September 08, 2010, »
New to LSP.  Got the license installed and I've done LOR in the past so I'm not a complete n00b (I feel like it though right now)...

I just built two Lynx Express Boards and the USB Lynx Ver2 dongle.  The USB Lynx dongle came up on Com4 after I installed the drivers.  RJ's configuration program was able to set the light curves.  The Step pattern program works and does the patterns fine.  The Lynx Express TST shows all channels work and I get the three LEDs lit at the end showing ZC, DMX, and Done. 

Inside of LSP I made a new musical sequence and added a Lynx Express 16 channel controller and set it up using the Enttec DMX Pro on Com4.  I can right click on the controller and use the Test Controller Hardware and manually set all the channels individually and it works fine.

Now when I turn on the Output on the top bar and double-check the light bulb is ON under the Playback menu the sequence plays through the timeline and I hear the music but the Lynx Express does nothing.  The Lynx Express shows the Data Link light so I know the DMX is being sent plus the Test Controller Hardware should of verified that. 

So am I missing something here as everything seems to work except playing a sequence in LSP.

Thanks,
Gary

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: LSP Output Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, »
What version of LSP are you using?
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline garyh

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, »
LSP version 1.7.10199.1632  I've also fired up the LSP updater and there are no updates available...that was one of the things I was hoping would fix the problem before I posted.

I also only have 1 Lynx Express board hooked up with the jumper on Remove for wireless and the jumper on for terminate.  I'm gonna hook the other board up and see if I have the same problems and/or throw vixen on and see if it's LSP.  Very strange the test controller hardware works fine but playing the sequence with the output ON will not...

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, »
If the test controller portion works then there is nothing wrong with the hardware.  It sounds like you have something set up incorrectly in LSP, possibly in the sequence itself.  The sequence setup may use different settings then the hardware test portion so I would look there first.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, »
Have you optimized your sequence before hitting playback? if you left click at the top you should see a tool kit option and then select optimize entire sequence. this should then play back you sequence. have you posted this over at the LSP forums as most of the experts hang out there.

Offline garyh

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, »
yeah I saw that optimize entire sequence in another thread and tried it... still nothing.  Guess I'll head over to the LSP forums, thanks!