Author Topic: Flashing a chip again...  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Flashing a chip again...
« on: September 21, 2010, »
Could someone please tell me where on this board or Wiki does it tell me what settings to use to flash a PIC for a Dongle?  I flashed one as well as PIC's for my Lynx Express units but now when I tried to flash another PIC for my V2 dongle it will not work.  The last message I got was that the file was too large for the PIC???  I am using the PICKit 2.

Offline egenoup

Re: Flashing a chip again...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, »
What are you using as a programming carrier or socket for the dongle pic (18F2450)?  They are different chips and require different connections.   <wd..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, by egenoup »

Offline austindave

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, »
See: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is information for programming the dongle PIC using the PICKit 3 - of course, the procedure will be different for the PICKit 2 - but should help, never the less. There's other information on the WIKI as well. Go to the WIKI. In the upper left-hand links section, click on FAQ (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) and scroll down to the "PIC (micro-controller)" section.

Hope this helps.

--Dave
Austin, Texas - "BubbaLand"

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, »
I'm not sure if it's required, but I always erase the PIC's before I try to reflash them with new firmware, work's for me,

Bill

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, »
What are you using as a programming carrier or socket for the dongle pic (18F2450)?  They are different chips and require different connections

I am using the ICSP28 Adaptor.  I have all of the L pins jumped.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, »
Thanks for everyone's help.  I'm not sure what I did or how I did it but I got it programmed.  Or so it says...

Offline austindave

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
...I got it programmed.  Or so it says...

Well, congratulations... I think...  :D

--Dave
Austin, Texas - "BubbaLand"