Author Topic: NEW COMPUTER PROBLEM  (Read 1184 times)

Offline kfxi

NEW COMPUTER PROBLEM
« on: September 22, 2010, »
I did all my sequences for the year on a 5 year old COMPAQ Presario that I bought from a garage sale for $50.00.  I got all my sequences finished and then I started having freeze up problems on a regular basis, that I took as a sign it was dying.  The machine was running windows XP professional and would put a symbol for the DVD drive on the screen when it froze up.

I decided to purchase a new machine, so I went too Best Buy and purchased a new COMPAQ Presario that runs on Windows 7.  I then copied Vixen onto a thumb drive and copied it onto the new machine.

Now the problem when I run Vixen the sequences stutters and if I move the mouse when a sequence is playing they just go crazy stuttering.  I have tried all the settings  and nothing fixes the problem.  The only way I can stop the stuttering is to shut off the preview screen.

Has anyone seen this problem and what is the cure? I am open to any and all suggestions.

Ken

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
Re: NEW COMPUTER PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, »
If I were you, I would try making a new sequence with one of the songs you already sequenced and copy from your old sequence to the new one and see if it will run without a problem, if it works, then you might be stuck making new copies of all your sequences, but thats better then having to re-sequence everything.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, »
You don't say what version of Vixen you are using, but I routinely copy sequences between XP, Win7x32, and Win7x64 with no problems.  I use Vixen 2.1.4  I have used network copy, flashdrive copy, etc.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, »
Ken is running 2.1.4.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login