Author Topic: Bug? Waveform out of sync with audio  (Read 1314 times)

Offline richardb

Bug? Waveform out of sync with audio
« on: September 24, 2010, »
I've tried this a few other places, so let's see what happens.
The wave form is not synced up. I've got the latest release.
What I mean is the wave form shows about 00:20:00 on the time line. But the MP3 shows about 4:00:00.
So when you play, it runs across the waveform and in 20 seconds, it has ran across the entire song.
Makes it hard to sequence with the visual cues.
Any ideas? 
Does anyone know what LSP use to render the waveform?  Maybe I've installed something mangling that library???

Richard

Offline coachers

• Coachers
Re: Bug? Waveform out of sync with audio
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, »
I had this happen too on a sequence I got from Holderman. It ended up being the MP3 itself that caused the issue.

The fix -- I had to bring it into audacity and change the tags. The crazy part, I had to do this around 4 times before it took.
I wish I could tell you exactly what I had to do but I just don't remember. I'm sure you've already messed with the MP3 in audacity, I understand your frustration.

I'm still waiting for 1.8 release to the general public before I continue to finish my sequences, frustrated! I just hope some of the concerns of folks like you and I get address on this new release.

AL
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline richardb

Re: Bug? Waveform out of sync with audio
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, »
Well,
surprise.  I sent the SAME MP3 to someone else, adn they reported NO PROBLEM.
I've removed CODECs, I've yelled at the keyboard, I've kicked the CPU, and even pulled my hair out...
I've even tried a few other MP3s, and they've all exhibited the same problem.... BUT they all didn't have TAGS,
so I redid it with TAGS, and....
Still nothing
THEN,
I resampled from 44K to 22K in Audacity, and all is well...

COOL!
Time to start!