Author Topic: Android Christmas Light Controller Released!  (Read 2159 times)

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
Android Christmas Light Controller Released!
« on: October 19, 2010, »
Hi All

I have finally released the Christmas Light Controller for the Android. I believe this app to be fairly well test and will hopefully work well for everyone. I hope everyone enjoys this App. Please send me any comments and suggestions for the future, but I probably will not add anymore functionality this year. I still have to sequence my own show. I will however do my best to solve any issues/bugs that pop up. Hopefully there will not be many. (Famous last words.) For all those iPhone users, a friend at work is working on a version, with any luck that will get released this year as well.

Please be aware that you do not need to own either an iPhone or Android, I don't. You can still include this in your show and allow your audience to control your lights.

Vixen 2.5.0.8 is required. (I have found it to be much more stable when you flatten all profiles into the actual sequences when you go to really run the show.)

This app will allow you and people in your audience to control your lights in real time by simply touching an image of your house.
For a demo check out this prototype video of me controlling my adjustable preview. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Will post a video showing the app controlling real lights as soon as I get my halloween display up and running.

The Android app will be free, so anyone in your audience can download the app and play with your lights for free.
To get the app just search the market place for Christmas Light Controller.

To setup your show there will be a $20 one time charge. This will go toward my webserver and technical assistance getting things setup.
(Hopefully the guides are good enough people won't need much help.)
Visit my site You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to get the input plugin and all setup information.

And of course, Major Thanks to KC. Also thanks to Ted, Scott and Wombat for testing this app.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, by lboucher »
Boucher Family Lights
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline meman

Re: Android Christmas Light Controller Released!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, »
Thats cool stuff. I'm in mad rush sequencing mode, but I hope to find time to get setup and play with this app soon.

Mike E.

Offline kj77rn

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, »
Very good app.  Can it be included as an LOR addin in the future?
Steve
Apopka FL

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, »
Well due to several reasons I have decided to change my mind. The app is now free and only a $20 dollar setup fee. Hopefully this results in alot more people having alot more fun with this. See original post for details.
Boucher Family Lights
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login