Author Topic: Led tricks  (Read 17323 times)

Offline tennhillbilly

Led tricks
« on: October 20, 2010, »
What became of the ledtricks? I Think I might be interested in building 1 for next year if it is within my capabilities . I see on the wiki it is listed as discontinued . The manual seems to have been removed also but the BOM is still there. I was just wondering what happened to it.
Thanks!!

Offline ponddude

Re: Led tricks
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, »
It still technically exists, just not through RJ.  You have to go through DIYC.  I think there was some issues with the availability of the Allergo chips, but I haven't really followed along.  The LEDTriks 2...well it's a mythical creature that RJ has hidden in the shelves of the RJ Cave.
Greg
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline batdive

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, »
well it's a mythical creature that RJ has hidden in the shelves of the RJ Cave.

<la..  Yea that made me laugh, thinking about what RJ will come up with next and then a clock is released.  Cant wait for the Winter 2011 Catalog from RJ.

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, »
Thanks for the replies. I have been reading  over on DIYC Forums ,but it seem the information is not complete enough for a dummy like me.

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, »
Thanks for the replies. I have been reading  over on DIYC Forums ,but it seem the information is not complete enough for a dummy like me.
Hmm - the information is mostly there in the Wiki and there are a lot of LEDTriks users there - you might try posting some questions to get the answers you're looking for...

There are 4 major components - the LED display, the LEDTriks controller, the Triks-C (or PIX-C) serial adapter and then the software side of Vixen and LTC (if using the Triks-C).

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, »
This thread has not been active for awhile. I built the LED TRICKS, with 2 panels and love it. You can see videos on my website. I am sorry to hear that RJ is not pursuing the Tricks 2 (what is he doing with all of his extra time), lol? Maybe the answer lies in the new smart strings. I think that I want to try to come up with something like that.
Jim Wright

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, »
This thread has not been active for awhile. I built the LED TRICKS, with 2 panels and love it. You can see videos on my website. I am sorry to hear that RJ is not pursuing the Tricks 2 (what is he doing with all of his extra time), lol? Maybe the answer lies in the new smart strings. I think that I want to try to come up with something like that.

Just hang tight. We got just the thing for you to show. It uses a couple of Smart String controllers and some Ridged LED strips to make a Full color ledtricks. and it is easy to store and easy to build.

It is really cool!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, »
I can't wait! >.d9
Jim Wright

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, »
I can't wait! >.d9

RJ - Please Share

Harrison

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, »
I can't wait! >.d9

RJ - Please Share

Harrison

I know the secret but if I told you, I would lose my enrollment in the jelly of the month club (think Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation movie). Sorry I can take the chance :D

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, »
Maybe Smart String controllers using LED ribbons  >.d9  I love guessing  ;D  keep up the good work RJ  <res.

Offline tng5737

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, »
The recent thread on snow globe ornaments had me thinking about this very thing the last couple of days,   Google 'RGB spinning LED'  for some interesting vids.   Hats off to RJ for thinking outside the box once again!

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, »
Yes it should be pretty cool.

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, »
Waiting patiently also

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, »
Way too many neat things going on....Gotta get a second job to support the habit.  Anyone want to start A DLAA?  I might need to join....never gonna find a partner if I keep this up.  Of course, from all the posts on here, maybe that's a good thing because everyone always has to ask for permission for stuff!